Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foam - Ankle Catcher Assembly

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the work that was performed on my vehicle recently by the service center per the service invoice:

Concern: Customer: customer has vibration at highway speeds need to install updated part number 1057847-00-E
Pay Type: Warranty Corrections: Fascia Assembly - Front Replaced front fascia with revised part number. Vibration is better but not totally gone. A permanent fix is being investigated by service engineering at this time.

Part Quantity GRILLE COVER UPR, FR FASCIA MS2 (1057847-00-E) 1

This is the work that was performed on my vehicle recently by the service center per the service invoice:

Concern: Customer: customer has vibration at highway speeds need to install updated part number 1057847-00-E
Pay Type: Warranty Corrections: Fascia Assembly - Front Replaced front fascia with revised part number. Vibration is better but not totally gone. A permanent fix is being investigated by service engineering at this time.

Part Quantity GRILLE COVER UPR, FR FASCIA MS2 (1057847-00-E) 1

Thanks for that info. So that was the foam piece? Kind of an interesing part description for a piece of foam.

Thanks for that info. So that was the foam piece? Kind of an interesing part description for a piece of foam.

It isn’t a piece of foam; it’s a redesigned plastic part.

At least for my car, the foam was just fat “weather seal” foam like the kind you buy at Home Depot. They installed this temporarily and removed it when they installed the new part.