TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Foam - Ankle Catcher Assembly

Discussion in 'Model S' started by artsci, May 22, 2018.

1. artsci

artsci Sponsor

2. Jokershere

Jokershere Member

This is the work that was performed on my vehicle recently by the service center per the service invoice:

Concern: Customer: customer has vibration at highway speeds need to install updated part number 1057847-00-E
    Pay Type: Warranty Corrections: Fascia Assembly - Front Replaced front fascia with revised part number. Vibration is better but not totally gone. A permanent fix is being investigated by service engineering at this time.

Part Quantity GRILLE COVER UPR, FR FASCIA MS2 (1057847-00-E) 1

3. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Thanks for that info. So that was the foam piece? Kind of an interesing part description for a piece of foam.

4. appleguru

appleguru Member

It isn’t a piece of foam; it’s a redesigned plastic part.

At least for my car, the foam was just fat “weather seal” foam like the kind you buy at Home Depot. They installed this temporarily and removed it when they installed the new part.

5. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Thanks — that helps to know.

6. artsci

artsci Sponsor

Picked up the part (GRILLE COVER UPR, FR FASCIA MS2 (1057847-00-E)) and had it installed today. The vibration is gone at all speeds. Thanks to @Jokershere for the part number! this problem has plagued me since I first upgraded my nosecone car the the OEM facelift. It's a major relief to have the vibration eliminated.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1