Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foam Cannon and Air Compressor Recommendation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Considering getting a Simple Chuck - Portable Spotless Deionized Water Filter System
Anyone have or know anything about this product?

Simple Chuck - Portable Spotless Deionized Water Filter System

Any thoughts at all on this product from CR Spotless?

A3AD89DE-54D5-4B74-8187-47FC2100F587.jpeg

From my buddy who owns a car wash place, the foam doesn't really clean or do anything special and is more for looks. The one thing foam does is visually tell you what parts have been washed etc... but the foam itself doesn't do anything.

Myself, i just use the chemical guys waterless car wash and find it to be just effective as the foam (and saves water).

For an automatic car wash, the suds is the show. No flash, no cash.
When hand washing a foam cannon has a benefit of softening dirt thereby reducing effort, swirl marks...
The Car Care Site - When and Why You Should Use Snow Foam | TheCarCareSite.com
Here is the text from the link above:

Snow Foam

The first mistake many people make when cleaning their car is not to pre-wash. This leaves damage inevitable as so much grit and large particles of dirt are sat on the car when you start.

Pre-washing involves ridding the car of dirt and other loose pollutant chemicals from the paint surfaces before you carry out a hand wash on the car. It softens dirt and surrounds the larger particles drawing these away from the surface of the paintwork and wheels. This includes traffic film, grit, bugs and bird droppings.

Pre washing is a must to help keep the infliction of swirl marks, scratches and abrasions to an absolute minimum. The key is to remove as much dirt as you can before actually touching the car.

A pre-wash rinse can start the softening process. Using a pressure washer or hose work from the top down, rinsing the panels carefully. Pay particular attention to panel gaps and regions, which may trap dirt (inside roof rails for example) and rinse these out thoroughly.

If you do not have access to a hose or pressure washer, grab a watering can and put the rose on it and use this to rinse the car as thoroughly as possible. You want to focus on removing as much loose dirt as you can from the bodywork and gaps including the wheel wells so that it doesn’t get caught in your wash later on.

Alternatively use a pre-wash foam, often called snow foam. This involves covering your car with a film of foam using a foam lance connected to your pressure washer. An alternative is to apply snow foam through a garden sprayer type bottle. There is significant discussion on the benefits of snow foaming but I have found that it definitely eases the next stages of the process. The next stage is to properly wash your car.

• Informative
Reactions: HenryCH and GOPJEW
Ive washed my new X100D twice in a month of ownership and I'm really enjoying getting it shinny! I took it to the car wash but used the "manual wash" basically just used their pressure washer (cost me 3 bucks) and definitely did not use that mucky, greasy brush on my paint! Soap with microfiber sponge, dried it then applied spray wax with waxing microfiber rag.. Wheels with brush only, 2nd time was faster and with better results..

View media item 118276