Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foam filled / non foam filled tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone switched from the standard foam filled tyres to non foam filled and noticed any significant increase in road noise?

I’m assuming all M3 tyres which come as standard with the various versions are foam filled so just wondering if anyone has switch to a non standard tyre and experienced an increase in cabin noise.

Has anyone switched from the standard foam filled tyres to non foam filled and noticed any significant increase in road noise?

I’m assuming all M3 tyres which come as standard with the various versions are foam filled so just wondering if anyone has switch to a non standard tyre and experienced an increase in cabin noise.

Hard to say ... I had winter tyres without acoustic layer, so not a direct A/B comparison. The winter tyres were a bit noisier but I would have expected that due to the tread design and depth anyway. There's bound to be some degree of benefit from the sponge layer or they wouldn't specify it. (It's just a strip of ¾ inch sponge, as wide as the tread and stuck to the inside ... I wouldn't exactly call them "foam filled". I suppose I'm on a bit of a crusade over this "foam" description ... it's sponge ... like you might use in the bath!)

Reactions: LEE3