Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fob and Profile link

how accurately does your fob set the car seats (etc) to your fob?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe the car will set the seats based on the first fob it recognizes. If you are regularly approaching with both fobs, just make sure the driver approaches first, or be prepared to fix things manually.

Your survey also could have included an "all of the time" option. I wouldn't have used it, but I expect some people may have.

In my experience when using auto-unlock, I have seen some evidence that fob1 takes priority over fob2 if both arrive at the same time. If you have a "usual" driver for a particular car, you might want to try giving them fob1.

In my experience when using auto-unlock, I have seen some evidence that fob1 takes priority over fob2 if both arrive at the same time. If you have a "usual" driver for a particular car, you might want to try giving them fob1.

Tested this and confirmed. HOWEVER, it is also possible that the battery is stronger in my fob1 than in fob2, and that's why this happens for me...

• Informative
Reactions: Boatguy
I have reported fobs not profile switching... Here's the pertinent back and forth with NA Service about this issue a few months back. The issue is still unresolved for me.

NA Service:
When you are approaching the car, are both Key Fobs going into the car or just the one Key Fob? As a work around, when approaching the car, pressing the lock or unlock from the Key Fob helps the vehicle to determine which KeyFob will be the driver and would change to the correct profile linked with it.

Me:
>> When approaching the car, only one Key Fob is in range most of the time. Almost always, the other is well away, in the middle of the house, far from the garage. I specifically tested them both separately this evening around 7:45pm PT. I do hear a motor actuate and the car does recognize both Key Fobs but no profile change is made. Only one Key Fob (#1) actuates a profile change (from "Wife's" to "Mine" when #1 approaches and the car is set to "Wife's'"). When #2 approaches and the car is set to "Mine", it does not enact a profile change, even with a Key Fob press. I did try removing and re-adding the Key Fob #2 to the profile but that's all I've tried so far.