Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOB and windows

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't tried it recently, but yes, it used to. This caused all four windows to be rolled down when it's pouring rain on more than one occasion (and you can't roll them up from the fob either). If they've removed this functionality--good for them.

It was a neat feature, but I never used it. That being said, it seems they haven't learned yet to include things that are removed in the change log and to advise people ahead of time that a feature will be removed. How did they not learn the first time. For that very reason, we should be vocal about this removal.

That functionality was removed with 5.9 firmware as lot of people had their windows roll down accidentally.

Yay! I lived in fear of this; my other half's done this a few times with the SUV and not discovered the windows were down till later...ick...so, I'm glad Tesla changed this (but they should've documented it).

- - - Updated - - -

I wished the fob would do the opposite: close all windows and sunroof.

I'd like full (and separate, and individual) window control via the app, which IIRC already handles the root.

My Audi only does this with the key; no way to do with the fob. That prevents inadvertent activation but preserves the functionality. Maybe Tesla could only make the feature work if the driver's side door was open. That would work for most folks.

Thanks everyone for clarifying. I have to say. Now that spring is here I'd kind of like to have this feature to be able to open the windows and allow the air to begin moving.

Oh well. I think this feature would have been nice to have one of those "on/off" buttons in the settings.

Thanks everyone for clarifying. I have to say. Now that spring is here I'd kind of like to have this feature to be able to open the windows and allow the air to begin moving.

Oh well. I think this feature would have been nice to have one of those "on/off" buttons in the settings.

it might return in a different form eventually. Maybe in the app since you can unlock the car from the app anyway. This would require a more deliberate effort.

My Bmw does this....

I would really like to open and close the windows with the FOB AND the app !

Yay! I lived in fear of this; my other half's done this a few times with the SUV and not discovered the windows were down till later...ick...so, I'm glad Tesla changed this (but they should've documented it).

- - - Updated - - -

I'd like full (and separate, and individual) window control via the app, which IIRC already handles the root.

My Murano would roll down the windows if you held down the unlock. I found this both good and bad. The good was you could vent the hot car before getting to it. The bad was I came out to a car with snow on the seats due to my leaning on the fob (against other keys in my pocket) while sitting on the couch within proximity of the car. I know take my keys out of my pocket when I get home. I don't like doing this as I've run outside only to lock myself out of the house. Perhaps a happy medium would be to enable the feature within the App? You can vent the roof, why not roll up or down the windows?

I noticed this went away as well. I had already changed to 5.9 when the weather got warm.

I am a sad panda. I run windows down almost all summer (excepting some >65mph travel). I used this all the time last year, and in my VW GTI before my Tesla as well.
s03e06_480.jpg

I just got my receipt from a service visit. The key fob not rolling the windows down was an issue I brought up for them to investigate. The receipt confirmed that holding the key fob on the top no longer rolls down the windows.

Oddly enough, my loaner with 5.8.10 (1.49.95) still had the ability to roll down windows while depressing top of key fob.

Conclusion: bummer. It was a helpful feature for those of us in warmer climates.