TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

fob profile weakness or bug?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by scottm, Aug 30, 2017.

1. scottm

scottm Active Member

I have turned off the auto-present on my handles ... because I work around my car too much in the garage and it gets a bit tiresome having the car get all excited for no good reason. So it's not like I'm missing the auto-present feature.

Good news, it's profile specific, my wife likes auto-present so she has it set linked to her fob. Which is kinda bad for me if she was the last profile selected to drive the car (i.e. it was parked that way)... then my fob is now "suddenly" causing auto-present again the first time I go near the car.

BUG: if fob A linked profile has turned off auto-present handles, and fob B profile enables auto-present. When the car has been parked on profile B, then fob A should NOT do an auto-present walking up to the car, only fob B should do the auto-present. Tesla, please fix it. (Just blowing the wind here.)

2. outie

outie Active Member

Did you contact Tesla about the issue? Telling Tesla to fix something on an unofficial forum will not go anywhere.

3. scottm

scottm Active Member

I don't expect it to go anywhere, unless by chance some employee reads this and goes "hey! that's my piece of code, I think I'll fix it"

I used to do voice "bug reports" in the car, not sure if those are ever listened to either.