Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

fob profile weakness or bug?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scottm

Legacy account
Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I have turned off the auto-present on my handles ... because I work around my car too much in the garage and it gets a bit tiresome having the car get all excited for no good reason. So it's not like I'm missing the auto-present feature.

Good news, it's profile specific, my wife likes auto-present so she has it set linked to her fob. Which is kinda bad for me if she was the last profile selected to drive the car (i.e. it was parked that way)... then my fob is now "suddenly" causing auto-present again the first time I go near the car.

BUG: if fob A linked profile has turned off auto-present handles, and fob B profile enables auto-present. When the car has been parked on profile B, then fob A should NOT do an auto-present walking up to the car, only fob B should do the auto-present. Tesla, please fix it. (Just blowing the wind here.)

I don't expect it to go anywhere, unless by chance some employee reads this and goes "hey! that's my piece of code, I think I'll fix it"

I used to do voice "bug reports" in the car, not sure if those are ever listened to either.