TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

FOB unlock ==> door opens

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Ferrett, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Ferrett

Ferrett Member

I'm getting inconsistent results where sometimes when I unlock my X, the door opens for me
    and sometimes not. What's going on....anyone notice that at all?

- MS

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

I have had that issue with every Tesla I have owned. I think I send out some pretty heavy radio waves from my body lmao.

3. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Happened four times to me...I double clicked on the fob top and was approaching from front to the driver side, could not repeat it...

4. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

The most recent versions of the firmware make it so the door should open every time you double-click unlock your X. If it doesn't open, it could mean that you had a proximity unlock already, so double clicking didn't actually do anything. Mine works consistently, and I use it when I approach the vehicle.

5. Ferrett

Ferrett Member

Proximity unlock?! I went through all the settings but couldnt find such a setting.

6. ohmman

ohmman Maximum Plaid Member

Sorry. That's just intended to mean that you've brought the fob close enough to unlock the car already. It's only a guess, so don't take it too seriously.

I think it should always open with double click; mine does. But I was throwing that out as a possibility.

7. SMSMD

SMSMD Member

Ohmman has a Pearl White, UW 6 seats with Premium Upgrade Package, the door obviously opens consistently, We don't have PUP,
    and get lucky once in a while.