Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fobo Tire Pressure monitor for smart phones

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
it screws on tight onto the stem. I have had mine on for a month and can look at my pressures (and temp) realtime down to the 0.10 of PSI. There hasn't been any issues with leaks, just with the bluetooth issue, which is essentially resolved by taking the batteries out of the part that sits in the glovebox.

Fobo is going to send me a custom version of the app (not through iTunes, they have a beta test platform) that should let them identify what is going on...they really are working on this!! I'm not sure exactly when this will happen, but will keep you all informed...

Until then, Slacker and USB will do it for me - I don't want to be on the road without my fobo app's full function!.... but this WILL work at some point...these Fobo guys are really putting out a lot of effort on this...

OK, spent this evening installing and testing multiple versions of the app that they sent me through a beta app system that bypasses the Apple app store...their engineer says he now has a good idea where the issues are, but wants me to run a couple more tests, which I'll do tomorrow...they are working on it!
....and I get to sit in the car playing music in the garage a lot, with my phone and laptop...but I don't mind helping out...

OK, spent this evening installing and testing multiple versions of the app that they sent me through a beta app system that bypasses the Apple app store...their engineer says he now has a good idea where the issues are, but wants me to run a couple more tests, which I'll do tomorrow...they are working on it!
....and I get to sit in the car playing music in the garage a lot, with my phone and laptop...but I don't mind helping out...

Thanks for putting in the time to help out narrowing this down. Coming from the developer's side, I really can appreciate how hard these things are to narrow down, and how helpful one dedicated user, who is able to repeat the problem, can be.

I had to take my sensors off for about a week (in for tpms replacement), and now I can't get them to talk to my IPhone app after reinstalling. App says need to deactivate. Entered email and it then says look for an email and then follow link to reactivity. But I've still not received an email after several hours. Tried again but no luck. ???

Thanks for the update. I've noticed that without the in-car unit, updated readings aren't pushed to the phone. I have to open the app and then wait a bit for the readings to update. I seem to remember it automatically updating when I was using the in-car unit. Anyway, looking forward to the update to resolve the issue once and for all.

HELP NEEDED - Salutica (Fobotire company) needs to talk to Tesla engineering to conclude a fix...they have had no luck getting a response. They do not need Tesla to do any work - just to talk to them. I put a request in through my local service center, but I guess it had no effect.

Please put in a request for someone in Tesla software engineering to contact either of:
-Joshua Lim, Salutica, [email protected], or
-James Lim, Salutica, [email protected]
to answer some questions about the bluetooth audio connection interference, which occurs ONLY on Tesla cars (all others are fine), when used with iPhones.

They may get it resolved without contact, but they are shooting in the dark and can't be sure of exactly what is going on. They fixed one issue, that caused a short-term problem on installation in some other cars, but that didn't solve the Tesla issue. They have released their other product (Fobobike), have a few weeks of bug fixing probably to do, and they could get going on fixing the Tesla problem...but they need some info.

- - - Updated - - -

OK...I just sent a letter to Jerome Guillen, [email protected], head of worldwide service, about this issue. Please also send something to him to let him know there is more than one of us!

Jerome responded....more support from you all would be fine, but we may be in luck!

PLEASE CHECK:
I just got firmware .179 - I haven't checked for a while, but with .179, I get CONTINUOUS dropouts, not just batches every so often - is this true for any of you also? Pls check and let us know firmware version if anything is different than the initial issues...