Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fog/frost front windows in refresh X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in Canada and constantly get fog/frost inside the front two windows, starting from the two small glass at the very front. Happens when driving for about 10 minutes in anything lower than -5 celsius. Fan is on auto, 22 degrees, a/c on, recirc off and pointed to windows. Does anyone else have this issue? Is it just because the airflow has a difficult time reaching that spot? Attached two pictures one showing from outside the car where it starts and second where it starts to spread from. If anyone has any suggestions or if there could be something wrong (maybe the seal?) please let me know!

Attachments

• 20221202_155920.jpg
    20221202_155920.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20221118_133813.jpg
    IMG_20221118_133813.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Informative
Reactions: henderrj
I also noticed that on auto the hvac system never turns on a/c when it is below freezing, is that normal/expected behavior? I would think it should turn the A/C on when it gets below freezing at least some of the time?

I can see it turn the A/C on (and can feel it working) when it gets 5 degrees or warmer.

Upvote 0
Since the refresh uses a heat pump to make heat, in that mode, the ac compressor is running in reverse, so it can't cool also.

As for the side windows, it's a poor design choice to not have little vents in the doors or side of the dash that blow on the side windows. But that's Tesla. The pre refresh use to have vents on the side of the dash. Now we don't. Decontenting, making it cheaper to produce. But Tesla makes more $$$, so it's good. Well not really for those who live in the cold.

Upvote 0