TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Fog Light Assemblies

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by Roamer, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Roamer

Roamer Member

FB179B4A-8F2A-4368-B84E-E82C5259D42F.jpeg 2DA9F6EE-B667-411F-958B-0D7422E84146.jpeg F4AC52D4-28F8-4545-AC3B-252100312539.jpeg Removed as part of an up grade completed in 2014 to a 9XXX VIN Model S P85

$50 plus shipping.

2. Chaserr

Chaserr Hyperactive Hyperdrive

I'll take them if these are the ones that have the actual fog lights.

3. Roamer

Roamer Member

I am not sure why Tesla service swapped them out when they changed the bumpers from non park distance sensor to park distance sensor. The lights work as fog lights and light up just fine. The work was done in 2014.

I will post a photo with the fog light illuminated.

4. Roamer

Roamer Member

5. Chaserr

Chaserr Hyperactive Hyperdrive

I'm looking for the actual fog, not the light pipe. Tesla installed black square blocks in my lights instead of the actual fogs (the unlit square about an inch above the light pipe's curve, to the left of the chrome bit on your lit up photo). Does that square light up? Or did you get the unlit black plastic space filler squares too? I asked Tesla and they said my car wasn't supposed to come with fog lights, but I ordered every option and cars older and newer than mine have the working fog.

6. kwues

kwues Member

Pm sent

7. Roamer

Roamer Member

After further investigation we determined these assemblies don't have the actual fog light. These were removed from an early VIN car that was upgraded after a minor collision. We added folding mirrors, park distance sensor bumper, and functional fog lights. We also learned that it would be cheaper to buy a new Tesla than to upgrade all these items.

So they are complete assemblies that don't have actual fog lights.

8. kwues

kwues Member

Pm sent