TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

fog light control and ambient light controls are missing on control>light panel?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by coolmanfever, Dec 25, 2019.

1. coolmanfever

coolmanfever Member

Hello all,

I took delivery of SR+ model 3. I am reading the owner manual. The manual shows fog light control and ambient light control on light control panel can be used to turn on and off fog light and ambient light.

But when I access my car's light control panel, I do not see fog light control and ambient light control. How come? Is it because SR+ does not come with fog light and ambient light? Thank you.

2. coolmanfever

coolmanfever Member

nvm. I just found that SR+ which only have partial premium interior do not come with fog light and ambient light.

3. GRNN_Coco

GRNN_Coco Member

The SR+ comes with fog lights.

4. Darwood77

Darwood77 Member

The SR+ USED to come with fog lights. They were removed from the features list after a price reduction months ago. There are many threads on this..

5. coolmanfever

coolmanfever Member

Interesting.. I did not know about it. I have the 2020 SR+ model. So I guess the fog light hardware is built into the car already but I cannot enable it because Tesla limited the software activation of the fog light?

6. raptor5244

raptor5244 Member

I have a 2019 SR+ (May) and it has the fog lights. I think they removed them shortly after. Kind of silly to remove fog lights, IMO as that does not seem like a feature that saves Tesla any money and a buyer it not going to pony up $10k more for fog lights. Furthermore, the hardware is all there...

7. Darwood77

Darwood77 Member

I got mine at the end of June. It’s an April build. I always thought it was a stupid decision on Tesla’s part to remove them. I’ve seen people posting that more recent builds just have black plastic in place of the lighting units.