Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fog Light Question...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We really don't have "Fog" here, but I wouldn't mind a bit better illumination at night. Do they turn on with the main headlights or do you have to turn them on manually each time? I assume if you turn them on, then they stay on or do they reset to "off" each time you shut off the car? If anyone knows...

I turned mine on once, they add almost no additional illumination--never bothered turning them on again. Because they have a button in the settings, I assume they will turn on at all times the headlights are on.

Note that fog lights are mostly just irritating to other drivers. Because many jurisdictions have laws that say the headlights must be on when the fog lights are on, they are pretty useless for their original purpose.

Do you have the original or the redesigned fog lights?

There's a video somewhere online of the new fog lights in operation at night. They make a huge difference on very dark roads. The video is taken at night along unlit winding roads in what appears to be hills/mountains. The original poster said that the fog lights on the original Model S were worthless and that the newly-designed ones make a huge difference for night driving so your question is important.

There's a video somewhere online of the new fog lights in operation at night. They make a huge difference on very dark roads. The video is taken at night along unlit winding roads in what appears to be hills/mountains. The original poster said that the fog lights on the original Model S were worthless and that the newly-designed ones make a huge difference for night driving so your question is important.

Thanks TommyBoy. I decided to go ahead and order them. I live in the Foothills and the option for extra lighting seems too good to pass up. I added the Parking Sensors too. ;)

Would you happen to have the link? I couldn't find it on a search. I'm in the process of speccing the car out and the fogs are one of the items I'm on the fence with.