Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fog Lights Models and compatibility/interchangability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

I have a 2016, pre-facelift Model S and I love it. However, I've also been unfortunate enough to have some road debris damage my baby. I need to replace the Active Louvre, chrome trims over the louvre, plastic grille and the N/S Fog light (this was smashed by the road debris).

I've been to Tesla for prices, and some are reasonable enough, but some (the fog light) are fairly pricey.

According to Tesla, I need part # 6005915 01 E. I've found Part # 6005915 00 E on eBay, that looks the same. I also found some information on a Polish parts site (isnt' the Internet wonderful) that shows both parts are interchangeable. The Polish site looked like an eBay type site so I don't want to take that information as Gospel. Does anyone know if these parts genuinely are interchangeable, as the eBay Fog light is half the price of the one from Tesla direct.

Strangely though, I found a plastic Grille on eBay that was more expensive that buying the part from Tesla, so pricing seems to be a little inconsistent with breakers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I bought two fog lights off of ebay. I would try to get the same rev (revision) as you currently have so the color output matches your other light. You have revision E. My fog lights work great. However one light was sent that was inoperable, it was sent back and i was given a refund, and I found another. So it is a little hit and miss.

Thanks for the information. Strangely enough, I've just been onto the Tesla parts catalogue, and the part the local dealer quoted me as needing, 6005915 01 E, doesn't exist on their catalogue. As both are Revision E, I think I'll take the punt and but that one off eBay.

Now I just need to search for the process to remove the bumper and swap the parts out.

Well I have the controls for all the options in the screen already, so maybe it's just a standard fitment. I may order the one off eBay and the one from Tesla and if the eBay one works, just return the Tesla one back to the dealer (I have 28 days apparently).

At the moment I'm hoping the bumper fittings are still in tact as I won't know until I take the bumper off...if they're broken I may need a new bumper...if that happens, I'll just buy the facelift bumper and it'll be like having a new car :)

Thank you all for the information guys. I've taken the punt on a used foglight after the seller accepted a £160 (US$210) offer. Considering the Brand new one is £450 (US$585) I think it's worth the chance. If it isn't compatible with my car, I can always sell it on again and go buy the one from Tesla direct.

I'm loving this forum, and the guide I found for bumper removal is going to be a great help for me. I look forward to many years happy Tesla motoring and contributing where possible to the forum.

Hi Guys,

Just to follow up. When I removed the old and damaged fog light, the part number didn't match what Tesla tried to sell me. The part number I got from the Breakers yard was the same as what was installed, so I saved myself a few folding beer tokens.

I do, however, have to change the bumper as the damage has caused issues with the bumper that can't easily be repaired. I'll be looking at that later, but I thought you'd all like to be aware that sometimes the numbers Tesla provide you are inaccurate.

Thanks for your input guys.