Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fog lights??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else have this issue??
my fog lights only work sometimes like when they want to. Not when I want them to. I'm still on 5.6 my car is about a week and a half old. P85. I'm going in to service center today to have my studs mounted but if it's something I'm doing I don't want to look/sound like a complete idiot.

Things I've tried.
Sitting in drivers seat(apparently someone must be sitting there for them to work)
stopping the car and putting in park taking the lights from auto and manually putting in the on position and then engaging the fog lights and still it's a 50/50 shot that they will work. Anyone?

I freaked out a bit when I got my car last March because that was right at the time Tesla discontinued them from the Tech Pkg. and I thought my car didn't have them for the reason you describe. I was wrong if you read a little further through that thread. :redface:

The car has to be "On" as in you've pressed the brake and the speedo is showing AND the low beam headlights have to be on.

I freaked out a bit when I got my car last March because that was right at the time Tesla discontinued them from the Tech Pkg. and I thought my car didn't have them for the reason you describe. I was wrong if you read a little further through that thread. :redface:

The car has to be "On" as in you've pressed the brake and the speedo is showing AND the low beam headlights have to be on.

This^^^

I have a reflective surface in my garage right in front of where I park and I only see them when I get in the car and depress the brake pedal. As soon as I do that the fog lights come on.

So did you ever get resolution on the fog lights?

this isn't the first time I've heard about some concern about them working since the 5.x upgrades... I haven't noticed the issue myself, but from the driver's seat it's not always easily noticeable...

Not really. I had the car at the service center here locally in seattle last week to have my studded tires put on and I asked them to look at this. They pulled the logs and said they can't see anything "not working" but asked us to try to find a pattern and if it continues (oddly enough they weren't working when it was there so they could see it but a reset of the screen and they worked for them) they would try to troubleshoot. My only issue right now is that they sold all their loaner cars so I'd have to drive an ICE while they troubleshoot. So I'll live with my randomly working dog lights until beginning of next year when they get in some new teslas.