TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Fog lights

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by j2cc, Jan 13, 2017.

1. j2cc

j2cc Member

quick question : does the Model S come with fog light if you don't take the PuP?
    PuP brings LED fog lights... but without the PuP do we have non LED or no fog lights at all?

Thanks

2. skyhix

skyhix Member

No Foglights. Just sort of dummy black lights. No Foglights button in the control screen either under headlights.

3. j2cc

j2cc Member

Thanks for the reply. Impressive saving from Tesla!

4. OlavA

OlavA Member

Thanks, I was wondering the same.

5. skyhix

skyhix Member

I don't have PuP, so I just bought a set of fogs on ebay made for PuP. Installed them to have the light sticks on at the bottom. One day I will have Tesla upgrade the firmware for the Foglights control.

6. j2cc

j2cc Member

So your fog lights are always on with the headlights? How can you upgrade the software to get the fog button, is that possible?

7. skyhix

skyhix Member

8. scole04

scole04 Member

Rockville Maryland service center retrofitted my fog lights on a non tech package car. Cost just over 1k.

9. AMPUP

AMPUP Member

Did that activate the cornering lights also?

10. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

I tried having the Service Center activate the cornering lights and it was a NO GO. They stated that is a Premium Package feature so they cant/wont do it. They did however activate the fog lights so those work. I purchased the fog lights directly from the service center and had them install it so the "programming" was part of the retrofit job. Cost was just shy of $1k for everything. This was at the Costa Mesa CA service center.

Perhaps someone else will have better luck with getting the cornering lights activated...

11. scole04

scole04 Member

Yep. In my experience some service centers are more open than others.

12. johnzhang22

johnzhang22 Member

I'm going to ask my Service Center to add LED cornering lights too, and I really hope they say yes. My issue is that when I order my Model S last year, the Design Studio didn't disclose the fact that LED cornering won't be included without PUP. The car's avatar in the 17" display actually shows the car having LED cornering lights, so that makes it confusing too.

13. johnzhang22

johnzhang22 Member

It's confirm, the Fremont Service Center will install LED cornering lights for me. I just have a wait a few weeks for the part. :)

14. Cricket88

Cricket88 Member

please update this thread if they activate the cornering lights. Its irritating if they can indeed do so and chose not to do it for me even though I purchased the lights directly through the service center and had them install it.

15. johnzhang22

johnzhang22 Member

I'll update the thread after it's installed. I'm curious if the parts that they're ordering also includes the fog light bulbs. I like having the cornering lights, they are useful for night time local street driving, but it'll be nice to have fogs lights too.