Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fogging camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still quite new to the forum. Noticed today with an outside temp of 29 degrees Fahrenheit, I had a message that said left pillar camera obstructed. There was condensation inside the faceplate so unable to clean. Anyone with a similar experience?

Carlos

Still quite new to the forum. Noticed today with an outside temp of 29 degrees Fahrenheit, I had a message that said left pillar camera obstructed. There was condensation inside the faceplate so unable to clean. Anyone with a similar experience?

Carlos
Likely a defective camera...There should not be moisture inside the camera lens. I would reach out to service on that one...

• Disagree
Reactions: ilyak
I experienced the same. It is condensation that builds up in certain weather/temperature conditions. The camera (in my 2017 model) has a small heating element ( not very powerfull) built in which should help clear the fog. Warming up the car to higher temperature might also help. Other then that, little can be done according to my local Tesla SC.