TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Fogging windows

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by kevincwelch, Dec 25, 2012.

1. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Any feedback from Midwest drivers about this window fogging issue that is being tossed around in the S forum?

Sent via Tapatalk.

2. goaliemanshark

I'm in the bay area and I have had a lot of fogging problems.

Cleaning the interior windows with windex helped A LOT! The interior materials offgas for a while and get crap on the interior or the car. Causing fogging.

Windex and some Rain-X anti fog solved everything.

3. Zextraterrestrial

My tint doesn't seem to fog as of yet. the front window condensed water on the inside. I windex/ rainx anti fogged the inside of the front and instead of fog it gets beads of moisture.

4. FlasherZ

FlasherZ Sig Model S + Sig Model X + Model 3 Resv

As much as the materials are off-gassing, I've been trying to keep it clean but it's not always that easy.

I've found that I can maintain a good interior by using the "range driving" setting ("eco" climate control). I set auto fan, but manually set outside-air, compressor on, and floor + windshield. That seems to maintain a good cabin air quality for me.

5. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

I just drove home tonight with 4 passengers in the car and the front and read windows kept fogging up (the outside temperature said it was 46 degrees). If I turned on the front defroster it would defog the windows for a few minutes. I then noticed that when the climate control system is on Auto and the car is using heat the A/C is turned off. In most automatic climate control cars the AC will remain on with the heat to reduce the humidity in the car. I think Tesla needs to tweak their Auto algorithms and cycle the AC when the heat is on to reduce fogging. This is a simple software fix.

6. kevincwelch

kevincwelch Active Member

Really disappointing. This needs to be fixed; it seems like a design flaw.

Sent via Tapatalk.

7. William13

William13 Member

I have not had any fogging issues. I use the defrost as needed, occasional. I expect the reports are from either plugged defrosters and/or not cleaning the inside of the window. I have had four adults in the car for hundreds of cold miles.

8. strider

strider Active Member

+1. And you need to clean the windows once a week or so until all the "new car smell" goes away.