Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

foggy windshield

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2020 M3 LR Dual motor has the most irritating propensity to fog up on cool drives. A quick defrost cycling clears it, but it returns quickly. Has anyone found an effective way to keep the inside of the windshield clear?

Give the inside of your windshield a deep scrub and cleaning and it'll go away for 6-12 months. I think the plastic in the interior off-gasses and gets stuck on the windshield. Mine always had some residue on it during the first year and would fog up all the time but seems to be gone for good now.

I have used this method to clean the inside windshield glass and it works really well (courtesy of youtuber Chris Fix):

1) Wipe as much of the residue off with a clean, dry microfiber towel.
2) Put a Magic Eraser in a small container of warm water, wring out the excess water, and then clean the entire glass repeatedly and thoroughly. I liked to use a criss-cross pattern, where first you go up and down, then go right to left.
3) Use a clean, dry microfiber towel to dry the entire window.
4) Use a non-amonia glass cleaner such as Stoner's Invisible Glass, Sprayway, or Meguiars D140 to clean the entire inside glass one last time. This time, instead of a standard microfiber, I use a dedicated, waffle weave glass towel. This will leave a lot less of those tiny, annoying fibers behind that you see when the sun hits the window.

Hope that helps.

I have used this method to clean the inside windshield glass and it works really well (courtesy of youtuber Chris Fix):

2) Put a Magic Eraser in a small container of warm water, wring out the excess water, and then clean the entire glass repeatedly and thoroughly. I liked to use a criss-cross pattern, where first you go up and down, then go right to left.
4) Use a non-amonia glass cleaner such as Stoner's Invisible Glass, Sprayway, or Meguiars D140 to clean the entire inside glass one last time. This time, instead of a standard microfiber, I use a dedicated, waffle weave glass towel. This will leave a lot less of those tiny, annoying fibers behind that you see when the sun hits the window.

Hope that helps.

wow .. do you ever allow your car to leave the garage??? :)

• Funny
Reactions: joebruin77

Hope that helps.

Invisible glass is the best!