Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foglights Question (post model changes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No fog lights as far as I know, but as fog lights are 95% useless because they are always paired with the low beams (due to regulations), it's not a big deal.

It seems that many people here have never driven with fog lights in fog. The new fog lights work (the first generation fog lights did not work), and if you drive in a lot of fog, you want them. I actually paid for the retrofit because we get some serious fog out here.

(Hint: if you're driving faster than about 10 mph, you do not need or want fog lights. They are for *serious* fog.)

You get no fog lights at all unless you order the package which contains them.

No fog lights as far as I know, but as fog lights are 95% useless because they are always paired with the low beams (due to regulations), it's not a big deal.
I mean, that should be obvious, right? You don't want your high beams on in the fog. High beams are essentially the exact opposite of what you want when it's foggy. Same thing applies when driving in the snow.

Did the old Tech Package include the fog lights or just LED cornering lights?
Depends what you mean by "old Tech." The fog lights have been revised and moved around quite a bit. Depending on the car's age, they may have been standard, a separate $500 option, or included in the Tech package. Example: I have cornering lights, but no fog lights because I didn't select that $500 option.