TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Folded Next Gen Seats (and leather)

Discussion in 'Model S' started by David100, Mar 12, 2015.

1. David100

David100 Member

Hello - First post here,

- I read the next gen back row seats do not fold completely.
    How 'not completely' is that. It would be very interesting if someone could post a picture of next gen back in folded position. Would someone please do that (thanks a lot) ?

- Are the next gen seats made of upgraded leather, or is it the same leather as standard seats ?

- Has somebody tried to get only the front next gen seats from TM ? This might help saving about a Grant and keep folded back row completely flat. I would love this combination. What about you ?

Thank you for your information.

David

2. mgboyes

mgboyes Member

Welcome!

This has been a hugely contentious topic, with complaints about not folding flat, angry early P85D owners, TM changing their policy, then changing back, then changing again etc etc etc.

As of today if you order next-gen seats you get them in the front and the back, however there have been times when you just got the fronts.

I don't know if TM will commit to building a car today with next-gen fronts and standard rears, but you certainly won't get any money back for it if they do agree to it.

The actual leather is AFAIK the same.

Here's what the next-gen seats look like when folded. I really have no idea what the fuss is about :smile:

attachment.php?attachmentid=69249&d=1421272537.jpg

3. David100

David100 Member

Mgboyes,

Indeed, I discovered afterwards that this matter (folding) had been covered in an other thread (in delivery section) - but could not edit/delete my post.
    Thank you very much for the time you took to re-answer anyway.
    David