Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folding 2nd row seats coming?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just had out test drive for Model X with the entire family and we thoroughly enjoyed the test drive.

When I asked about the availability of Model X with 5 seat configuration, the tesla employee who was giving us the test drive mentioned that Tesla is working on foldable 2nd row seats and waiting to finalize that. He seemed to suggest that foldable 2nd row seats will be only available in 5 seat configuration and will be like a flat bench (?like Model S). 6 & 7 seat configuration will continue to have mono-post seats that do not fold flat.

Not sure if this was already mentioned on the forum before but wanted to pass it along.

We just had out test drive for Model X with the entire family and we thoroughly enjoyed the test drive.

When I asked about the availability of Model X with 5 seat configuration, the tesla employee who was giving us the test drive mentioned that Tesla is working on foldable 2nd row seats and waiting to finalize that. He seemed to suggest that foldable 2nd row seats will be only available in 5 seat configuration and will be like a flat bench (?like Model S). 6 & 7 seat configuration will continue to have mono-post seats that do not fold flat.

Not sure if this was already mentioned on the forum before but wanted to pass it along.
Its a good idea and will make alot if people happy.

Count me in too Paul! As soon as folding seats are announced, I will finalize my order. It has been 14 months since first MX deliveries, that ought to be enough time to design folding seats. Of course they've been busy with AutoPilot 2.0, Series 3, SolarCity merger and a few other items in the meantime... My Model S is 4 years old now and even without all the new bells and whistles is still a fantastic car.

Bump. Or rather bang my head against the wall, you pick. :mad: The 5 seater is last week of December, but no clue on what exactly this is but time to order. Sigh. :(
Did you hear if folding seats were finally coming? I delayed my X reservation and eventually moved it to an S due to the lack of folding seats. I am due to take delivery of the S around the end of next month so I figure folding seats would come out a week later. ;)

Did you hear if folding seats were finally coming? I delayed my X reservation and eventually moved it to an S due to the lack of folding seats. I am due to take delivery of the S around the end of next month so I figure folding seats would come out a week later. ;)
No nothing new, just wishful thinking with the 5 seater expected by year end. Thanks for taking one for the team. The X support group appreciation can't thank you enough. ;)