Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folding Mirrors at a location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any way to have the mirrors fold only in my driveway AFTER I place the car in park? I am a new owner. Wanted to back into my narrow driveway, but they fold when I get within 25 feet of the house, making backing into the driveway quite a challenge! Thanks all...

Reactions: CO_MY
I would like to see this as a "sub option" for the current "fold at home". I always back into my garage, so I want the mirrors extended while moving, then folded when I engage park. People who head in probably want them folded first.

Reactions: JonMu
I had the same issue--I tend to leave the car unlocked in the garage, but want the mirrors folded for ease of getting around it while it's parked. I ended up going with the auto-fold option and relying on the side camera views to back in, which works just fine.

Reactions: FFR6288
I had the same issue--I tend to leave the car unlocked in the garage, but want the mirrors folded for ease of getting around it while it's parked. I ended up going with the auto-fold option and relying on the side camera views to back in, which works just fine.

I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I hadn't thought of that! I'll have to give it a try.

Second on the side cameras — I turned off auto-tilt when backing up because the side cameras are so much better.