TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Folding mirrors / door issues

Discussion in 'Model X' started by ek993, Aug 11, 2018.

1. ek993

ek993 Member

Car started behaving oddly today. Mirrors wont fold out when approaching car (lights flash to show it does unlock though) and when pressing the door handle the door cracks open a little but then can't pull the door open any further than that. Need to close it then open it again a second time.

Did a reboot (both steering wheel buttons) and mirrors / door worked OK once then reverted back to the previous behavior

Picked up the car 8 days ago - was fine up until today.

Anyone else experienced this?

2. XHabjab

XHabjab Helping to end the ICE Age

Not sure about the door problem, but the mirrors might not fold out because you folded them in with the car on. I believe this setting is location dependent. If you did this in your garage for example, the car might think that you always want the mirrors folded in your garage. Locking and unlocking the car will result in the mirrors folded in 100% of the time at that location.

Try it again down the street. Or in my garage...

3. jboy210

jboy210 Supporting Member

The mirrors on my car sometimes do not fold out until I am in the car and put it into Drive or Reverse.