Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folding Mirrors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I like the folding mirrors. But for my garage I need the mirrors to fold AFTER I pull into the garage. Then fold when I put the car in park.
My Suggestion:
Instead of folding the mirrors on Location fold them when you put the car in park, just like when the car locks itself. Unfold them either when you put the car in D or R optionally.
Some further thought suggests:
Add something to the UI that says:
-- When the car goes INTO Park: Then fold or unfold the mirrors; change the drivers seat position, lower the radio volume etc. Basically, specify the state you want the can in when you put it into Park. Very similiar to the state the car goes into when you lock it ( windows come up, mirrors fold, lights off etc )
-- Then when the car EXITS Park: specify the state of the mirrors, the seat etc.

Lastly, the mirrors should auto unfold when your speed exceeds X mph and you are going forward.

Problem is everyone has a different scenario. In my case I want the mirrors to fold on park and unfold when out of park. Only reason I fold them is to give us more space when walking around the garage. Some people need them to be folded when entering and reversing as the garage door clearance is minimal. Ideally a few option boxes to be checked off to suit different needs would be best. Hmmm, I think I just said what you said. ;)