Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folding Seats - Only 5 Seater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Yinn

Nov 15, 2016
Behind you
I had originally thought the 5 seat configuration was the only one that offered a fold flat floor. To me, from other experiences I thought it was a difference between a the 2nd row being maybe a couple inches higher than the 3rd row when folded.

I'm now realizing that maybe I was wrong. I've been reading a couple of threads and it seems some have said the 2nd row doesn't fold at all in a 3 row configuration. Is this true? Do the middle seats fold down only in the 5 seat configuration?

I had originally thought the 5 seat configuration was the only one that offered a fold flat floor. To me, from other experiences I thought it was a difference between a the 2nd row being maybe a couple inches higher than the 3rd row when folded.

I'm now realizing that maybe I was wrong. I've been reading a couple of threads and it seems some have said the 2nd row doesn't fold at all in a 3 row configuration. Is this true? Do the middle seats fold down only in the 5 seat configuration?
The second row doesn't fold in the three row configurations.

The second row doesn't fold in the three row configurations.

I should've searched better too, just found this thread:
New renderings of storage space and 2nd row seats! (9/15)

As an MS owner, this seems so silly to me. We were considering a MX for extra utility, especially when I started stuffing things into the MS. (Over the past month, I've picked up a door (72" x 28" x 8") from Home Depot and just this last week a hallway table (60" x 38" x 18") and used the RFS to carry 7 passengers twice.) It seems it's actually the other way around...

Coupled with no available roof rack, this makes carrying long items a trailer only option. Hopefully Tesla brings those folding seats to 3 row models as well. The major plus is a hitch option though.

I've got the six seater, so there is length in between the seats. With my white seats, I doubt I'm going to haul much inside my X. If I go to Home Depot, I'm restricting myself to small items that will fit in the :D frunk. The two row Model X would offer more utility.