TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Folding Side Mirrors When AutoParking or Summoning

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by aleagle, Apr 24, 2017.

1. aleagle

aleagle Member

Can the MS be configured to automatically fold the side mirrors when using auto park or using the summon function (as parking the MS in my garage)?

2. wdolson

wdolson Supporting Member

If it can, I've never found it.

I have to fold and unfold the mirrors multiple times every time I pull out of the garage. I fold them to pull in, then when I get in, they unfold, after putting in reverse, I need to fold them again (if I forget and do it before putting it in reverse, reverse unfolds them). Then when I get out of the garage and put it in drive, the mirrors don't unfold. I've gotten all the way to the freeway with the mirrors folded. I think they could rethink the firmware settings for the mirrors a bit.

3. MoonChou

MoonChou Member

Mine folds each time I summon. I hit the button in between the two buttons that select which mirror to control so that whenever the car locks the mirror folds. So when I summon the car automatically locks and the mirrors fold.