Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folks renting out their cars in Turo - Please lower your price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Renting out a $60k Tesla and buying a used car is different.

I can see people renting out their $20k car on Turo. Not their $60 or $100k Tesla.

But, it's all relative because the $60K car fetches a higher rental premium. If the owner doesn't plan on keeping the car for more than a couple of years, he/she who is renting their car out doesn't care if someone does multiple launches. Some poor sap will end-up with it from the used market so it is similar to buying used. Either way, you're driving a car that may have been abused and you're saving/making money.

Renting out a $60k Tesla and buying a used car is different.

I can see people renting out their $20k car on Turo. Not their $60 or $100k Tesla.

It just depends on how you see your vehicle. If it's your baby, of course you wouldn't rent it. But if it's just an asset...

Recent life changes have led to me having twice as many Teslas as I need, so I put one on Turo. I'm not driving it, but the semi-passive income it generates pays both car notes + insurance. I'll keep that up until it becomes more cost-effective to sell it.

This is absolutely the most ridiculous and rude and anti-capitalistic post I've ever seen.

I hated it earlier, and I still hate it.

You wanna drive a 163K (plus taxes bringing it above 170K) vehicle, then u gotta pay the premium.

Get over yourself and your needs, and see the bigger picture... These are expensive LUXURY vehicles and as such they command a price just a tad higher than your average rent-a-wreck.

Try renting a Series 7 or Bentley. Would you also cry about those prices?

I for one would not rent you my P100D for any price.

Maybe you should rent your Model S for 30 bucks a day to some extended family that will overpack your vehicle until it bursts at the seams, and subject it to stop-and-go driving in the 100 degree heat for days on end. Then enjoy receiving your sweat bathed vehicle with broken A/C system on its return.

:/

Last edited: