Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Folks without PPF: where did you get paint chips?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you have at all, of course!

I am debating between doing XPEL on just the bumper, bumper+hood, or bumper hood and fenders. Headlights will probably be added onto any of those options as well. The fenders seem like such a thin strip that is exposed up front, but with my luck that’s where the first chip would be.

Just wondering for the folks that went without PPF, is the hood a rock magnet? Some cars seem to get it worse than others. Mileage and city/highway split would be helpful too. Appreciate any advice!

Here in Arizona, stone chips are a huge problem and destroy the appearance of your car. I am certified in vinyl wrapping and PPF installation. I also offer paint correction ceramic coatings and windo

I am debating between doing XPEL on just the bumper, bumper+hood, or bumper hood and fenders. Headlights will probably be added onto any of those options as well. The fenders seem like such a thin strip that is exposed up front, but with my luck that’s where the first chip would be.

Just wondering for the folks that went without PPF, is the hood a rock magnet? Some cars seem to get it worse than others. Mileage and city/highway split would be helpful too. Appreciate any advice!

w tint. I can give you a great package deal. Shoot me a message anytime!

Bumper, hood, headlights and rear section of rockers are VERY prone to chips. I've have seen brand new cars with a few miles get blasted with debris and crack paint. Headlights look really bad after a while with the sandblasted look - especially when illuminated.

With Tesla's soft paint I highly recommend full frontal coverage if you plan to keep the car for years and care about paint quality. This is why I deploy the PTP on new cars to protect damage until PPF is installed:
IMG_2025.JPG
open

• Funny
Reactions: TJ73
Bumper, hood, headlights and rear section of rockers are VERY prone to chips. I've have seen brand new cars with a few miles get blasted with debris and crack paint. Headlights look really bad after a while with the sandblasted look - especially when illuminated.

With Tesla's soft paint I highly recommend full frontal coverage if you plan to keep the car for years and care about paint quality. This is why I deploy the PTP on new cars to protect damage until PPF is installed:
IMG_2025.JPG
open
I wonder why the rear part of the rocker is so affected. Wouldn’t the front part get the front tire blast, and the rear bumper get the rear tire blast?

I have PPF on the full front and the only spot that got a rock chip through the film is on that thin strip!