Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FOMO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll admit it. I have a very bad case of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out). I’m stalled at 2021.4.21.3. There are (according to TeslaFi) only 3.7% of us at this level or older. We are currently 18 revisions behind the latest release 13 revisions behind a block (~30%) at 2021.24.11 and 17 revisions behind 2021.32.10 (36.5%). There is no reason I should file bug reports since the software is 7 months out of date! I can only dream of the day that I get color visualization, improved cruise control (fewer phantom stops) or even car wash mode. Let alone improvements in Auto-Drive (Safer) or parking assist. I know there is nothing to be done to increase the odds that I am selected to receive updated software, even if it is only 10 weeks out of date, but the frustration and FOMO factor still remains. I have selected the “Advanced” option but I suspect that it is just a placebo button that has no real effect.

Just venting……..

I am currently stuck at 2021.4.18.2. I have had three update fails over the past few months, but no attempts in at least 6 weeks. I guess they have given up. Not having any difficulties with this version, but would like to be more up to date.

You must be on a Vision car.

You have the newest Vision firmware in wide release currently. We suspect a new round of Vision training is underway and is one possible reason for all the fragmented firmware version numbers. They did something similar during the push for the current Vision firmware.

Vision cars are long overdue for an update. We’ve seen a very very small number of Vision cars get the 2021.32.x branch in the past week so there is hope that something may be coming soon!

You must be on a Vision car.

You have the newest Vision firmware in wide release currently. We suspect a new round of Vision training is underway and is one possible reason for all the fragmented firmware version numbers. They did something similar during the push for the current Vision firmware.

Vision cars are long overdue for an update. We’ve seen a very very small number of Vision cars get the 2021.32.x branch in the past week so there is hope that something may be coming soon!
I think you are correct, that I am a vision only car. How do I determine if I truly am?

I am currently stuck at 2021.4.18.2. I have had three update fails over the past few months, but no attempts in at least 6 weeks. I guess they have given up. Not having any difficulties with this version, but would like to be more up to date.
Looks like you have a 2020 MX LR+, based on your signature. If so, and you're still on 2021.4.18.2, consider yourself lucky. It's been nothing but issues with 2020/2021 MX's starting from 2021.12.x. Do not update to 2021.12.25.x, 2021.24.x, or 2021.32.x as they are filled with issues for these 2020/2021 MXs'.

I, along with many other owners, have had their X's towed to the SC for faulty SD cards and are still living with dumb Park Assist warnings as well as sub-par Homelink functionality.

I'm done jumping on firmware updates. Currently on 2021.24.5 that the SC pushed to my car when it was towed in and now have 2021.32 waiting for me to install and I refuse to because there are still many reported issues with in the 2020/2021 MX's being reported. I'm going to keep putting it off until they solve some of these bugs. For now, 2021.24.5 is still buggy but works....for now.

Reactions: totoro722
US Model Y's build May 2021 forward are vision-only cars. (I believe radar went away at the same time as the passenger lumbar support, so if you don't have a passenger lumbar control switch on the passenger seat, then you don't have radar.)
My mode y was built in April 2021. It doesn’t have radar, yet it does have passenger lumbar support.