Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front headrest angle adjustable?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering a Model S purchase (and canceling Model 3 order), but when I sat in the front seat the headrest felt too far forward. I couldn't tilt my head back comfortably and resorted to tilting the entire seat further back than I would prefer.

I probably should have inquired while I was at the showroom, but just wondering if it's adjustable and / or if anyone else has this issue? I've seen some posts talking about being adjustable vertically (going up and down), but I'm more concerned about it's angle and whether or not it's possible to tilt it backward / forward.

thanks

You will eventually get used to the design of the headrest. I did have the same question when I first got my Tesla and don't understand the reason why there is no forward backward adjustment for the headrest for such an expensive car. Other expensive car such as Benz S Class comes with the same design.

Reactions: Carl_Drogo
I'm considering a Model S purchase (and canceling Model 3 order), but when I sat in the front seat the headrest felt too far forward. I couldn't tilt my head back comfortably and resorted to tilting the entire seat further back than I would prefer.

I probably should have inquired while I was at the showroom, but just wondering if it's adjustable and / or if anyone else has this issue? I've seen some posts talking about being adjustable vertically (going up and down), but I'm more concerned about it's angle and whether or not it's possible to tilt it backward / forward.

thanks
I think that the headrest is designed to minimize whiplash. It's not unique to Tesla. I'm not sure what you meant about "tilting the entire seat further back than I would prefer", but to minimize injury or death from airbag deployment, you should be as far back as you could be while maintaining a safe and comfortable driving position.

I had both old and new Model S seats, the new ones feel like they would break my spine in the case of a rear impact when in the high position so I keep the head rest in the low position and I'm 6'1.
I thought about it and came to the conclusion that its probably designed like that to save your life even if it does cause some discomfort

thanks
I have a 2020 MS built in April 2020 with the new fixed position headrests and it is a real problem. They are really uncomfortable and too far forward. I will check into replacing the driver seat with an old one with adjustable headrest. I should have returned the car within the 7 days.