TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Food in the Frunk

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by RRM998, Jan 7, 2017.

1. RRM998

RRM998 Member

Anytime I buy a new car, I don't bring to-go food into the vehicle while the new car smell is still fresh. I have some friend for whom taking left overs home is a mandatory experience. So my shiny new cars tend to sit in the drive way on restaurant trips

My friend suggested using the frunk to transport food as it's outside the main part of the car. Brilliant! This keeps my car smelling nice but also allows us to bring food home.

2. gfb107

gfb107 Member

Just be aware that the frunk is not climate controlled, so the temperature can be much different than the temperature in the cabin.

3. xborg

xborg Member

Which may a be a good thing in winter. Cold frunk keeps food fresh :)
    I put my leftovers in frunk during winter, it works well. Keeps the smell outside of the cabin too.
    Just don't forget them there.

• Like x 2
  4. tdjvfr

tdjvfr Member

I workout in the mornings at the company gym. The frunk is the BEST place to put my stinky gym bag until I get home in the evening.
    Keeps the stink out of the cabin. :)

• Like x 4
  5. RRM998

RRM998 Member

Having a place to store items outside of the cabin definitely seems to be handy. I've ordered a mat for the frunk just in case I ever have some food move around too much in there.

• Like x 1
  6. Ormond

Ormond Member

I have a cargo organizer in my frunk. I've got bottles of detail spray and glass cleaner, rags, gloves, shopping bags, etcetera in it. If I need to take everything out of the frunk I can just remove the canvas organizer.

• Informative x 1
  7. jdc1

jdc1 Member

I use the Frunk to transport any potentially smell bearing food items such as pizza and cooked chicken, and this totally isolates the smell from the cabin. It was my colleagues idea when she had left overs after a lunch outing. Must preserve new car smell as long as possible.

• Like x 1
  8. AudubonB

AudubonB Mild-mannered Moderator Lord Vetinari*

All our tempting groceries...see my avatar...go in the frunk, in insulated packs. Our Model S has the original, larger frunk that diminished greatly once Tesla brought out the D; it's one of the unsung virtues of these ancient, creaky old 2013 vehicles.

• Like x 1
  9. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Here you go :) :

[​IMG]

10. rhino

rhino Member

mind sharing which one you use?

11. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

It's a great idea as long as you don't forget it.

12. SMSMD

SMSMD Active Member

Always the FOOD TRUNK as we call it. My family is now programmed to put away everything and anything that is stinky, spillable, strong odor, & dirty right into the FOOD TRUNK.

13. Ormond

Ormond Member