Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Food of the Day Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Living in cultural pot LA, we have a massive food scene here. Some of my friends are big foodies & some of them are foodie restauranteurs. Post your food of the day photo(s) & share with us some tidbit about it. I'll be sharing my foodie adventures here. Would like to know what everyone likes to eat!

My favourite beef stew recipe. It's easy, and makes the house smell WONDERFUL when cooking.

Beef Stew

• 2 lbs stew meat (no need to brown)
  • 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 1 cup red wine.

1. Put all in oven proof casserole.
  2. Cover and cook 2 hours at 350 degrees F.
  3. Add vegetables of choice and cook 1 hour more.
I add potatoes, onion, frozen mixed veggies, and mushrooms.
Beef Stew Recipe - Food.com

Last edited:
I like finding ways to make food with healthier ingredients. one of my favorite desserts is avocado chocolate mousse!

4 ripe avocados
1/3 cup honey
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt

Put the avocados in a food processor and process until smooth, add the rest of the ingredients and process until completely blended. spoon into a bowl and chill at least two hours before enjoying.

I make mine with a pretty healthy pinch of salt!

Reactions: ibdb
I also make this for every Tesla road trip. It packs easy in a cooler by putting it in a gallon Ziploc, you just need paper plates and forks (although if traveling alone you could skip the plate), and it is refreshing and delicious.

My favourite beef stew recipe. It's easy, and makes the house smell WONDERFUL when cooking.

Beef Stew

• 2 lbs stew meat (no need to brown)
  • 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
  • 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
  • 1 cup red wine.

1. Put all in oven proof casserole.
  2. Cover and cook 2 hours at 350 degrees F.
  3. Add vegetables of choice and cook 1 hour more.
I add potatoes, onion, frozen mixed veggies, and mushrooms.
Beef Stew Recipe - Food.com

One comment about Beef for stew. Try using "Flat-iron steak" for stews. It is truly amazing!

Lot's of times the generic "stew meats" tend to be super tough (since the sellers figure you're going to stew the heck out of them anyways). Flat-iron is just perfect, IMHO.

O man, where do I start?

I was going to make this this weekend, but the store didn't have raw tuna (I usually buy Grade 2+. The Grade 1 by us isn't as good...).

Pan seared Ahi Tuna with soy-lime-ginger sauce:
Get the pan hot, add a little sesame oil. 90 seconds per side for about a 1" piece of fish
Coat the tuna in salt, pepper, and heavy in sesame seeds
20161022_181658.jpg

For the sauce:
2 teaspoons minced ginger
6 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons water
½ teaspoon dried red chili flakes
20161022_181719.jpg

I only have a whole picture of a Costco Pan Seared Ahi Tuna (as you can see the texture and color are not the same as going to a local butcher)
20160719_192125.jpg

Reactions: ibdb
O man, where do I start?

I was going to make this this weekend, but the store didn't have raw tuna (I usually buy Grade 2+. The Grade 1 by us isn't as good...).

Pan seared Ahi Tuna with soy-lime-ginger sauce:
Get the pan hot, add a little sesame oil. 90 seconds per side for about a 1" piece of fish
Coat the tuna in salt, pepper, and heavy in sesame seeds
View attachment 204112

For the sauce:
2 teaspoons minced ginger
6 tablespoons lime juice (about 2 limes)
4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons water
½ teaspoon dried red chili flakes
View attachment 204113

I only have a whole picture of a Costco Pan Seared Ahi Tuna (as you can see the texture and color are not the same as going to a local butcher)
View attachment 204114

Wow that's a beauty!:D

Reactions: Max*
I like finding ways to make food with healthier ingredients. one of my favorite desserts is avocado chocolate mousse!
I have a son with dairy allergies, so we've learned to make a few decadent treats to have on hand or frozen for easy availability. Chocolate-avocado truffles always seem to disappear around here, dairy and/or diet conscious or not. I don't have the actual recipe handy, but this looks like a slightly more elaborate version: Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles | Avocados From Mexico

Reactions: Btrflyl8e
Speaking of dessert. Grilled pineapple and vanilla ice cream, or grilled peaches and vanilla ice cream.

I usually just add a little bit of brown sugar, a little cinnamon and a little olive oil, mix and coat before dropping on the grill

20150822_201729.jpg

20150821_191059.jpg

(The pineapples might have had a little bit of chili peppers. The sweat with the heat makes a very nice combo)

Reactions: Btrflyl8e