Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fool flyer with a toy drone flies through a Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Need's some of this.

il_570xN.885397753_m9tj[1].jpg

I have both a Phantom 4 and a Model X....and never the two shall meet like that...

But cool that you had the guts do so, realizing the unstable flight control and drift when GPS lock is not active..since those props can do some damage to the interior

I have both a Phantom 4 and a Model X....and never the two shall meet like that...

But cool that you had the guts do so, realizing the unstable flight control and drift when GPS lock is not active..since those props can do some damage to the interior
Phantom 4 has visual sensors for aiding in positioning when there is no GPS signal lock. Should be fine indoors. Unlike when I flew my Phantom 2 indoors and it started drifting. Happened outdoors once too (prior to getting lock) and I had to chase it up the street before it got entangled in a tree. :(

Phantom 4 has visual sensors for aiding in positioning when there is no GPS signal lock. Should be fine indoors. Unlike when I flew my Phantom 2 indoors and it started drifting. Happened outdoors once too (prior to getting lock) and I had to chase it up the street before it got entangled in a tree. :(

Agree that P4 has additional forward sensors, and enhanced below sensors, but without the GPS lock, the driftingcan be significant and tight control is required especially when inside, even more so when in a small space.

Either way... Gutsy Move..