Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Foot space for rear passengers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I had a 69 plate Model 3 Performance which I sold in August 2020. I currently have an ID.3 on order but it looks like it is going to be significantly delayed, and having one car in the household is starting to become limiting.

I'm mildly tempted by the SR+ now that the MIC cars are built better than the Fremont ones, however my partner complained a lot about the fact that she was unable to put her feet under the driver's seat a lot when sitting in the back with our infant son.

I'm trying not to end up in an "I told you so" situation. Do the MIC cars still have this same problem? This is a long shot, but does anyone have a photo of their feet under the driver's seat?

It's not going to be any different to a previous Model 3. When the Model Y eventually bothers to be sold in the UK it will have more space under the seats as they are raised up by about 5cm on little plinths.

Reactions: Durzel
Could you jack the drivers seat up higher? Or, could your son go behind the driver, and then you can jack the passenger seat all the way up.

Raising the seat didn't seem to make any difference. The front passenger seat was better for foot space, but not great.

I could put my son behind me, but the reason I didn't when he was in a rear-facing seat was that I had to move my seat forward so much that it really impacted my seating position. It might be better now that he's in a front-facing seat.

It's not going to be any different to a previous Model 3. When the Model Y eventually bothers to be sold in the UK it will have more space under the seats as they are raised up by about 5cm on little plinths.

Bugger, thanks :( Was really hoping that they had improved the design.

She still wants to sit in the back with him on long journeys, because 2 year olds require a lot of attention.

Raising the seat didn't seem to make any difference. The front passenger seat was better for foot space, but not great.

I could put my son behind me, but the reason I didn't when he was in a rear-facing seat was that I had to move my seat forward so much that it really impacted my seating position. It might be better now that he's in a front-facing seat.

Bugger, thanks :( Was really hoping that they had improved the design.

She still wants to sit in the back with him on long journeys, because 2 year olds require a lot of attention.
It will be better in a year or so, our daughter just watches youtube on long journeys now!