TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Football Saturday Supercharging in Ann Arbor

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by Docnukem, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Docnukem

Docnukem New Member

I will shortly be taking delivery of a Model S and have season tickets for Michigan football (The Big House!). Ann Arbor's SC opened a year ago. Does anyone have any experience with how busy the SC gets after the game? More generally, do others have experience at other college stadiums where a SC is nearby?

I doubt that I can convince my family to wake up any earlier to charge at the SC before tailgating, so it would almost certainly have to be after the game.

2. Healy

Healy Member

Here in Champaign (Illinois motto - we still play football!) there is a SC ~5 miles from campus. I'll check this weekend to see if anyone uses it after the game. There are 2 J1772 chargers in one of the paid lots (lot 32 north central spot)
    memorialstadium_parkingmap.jpg

3. Docnukem

Docnukem New Member

Update: I went to the game on Saturday (before my S arrived) and checked the stalls before heading to the stadium. The stadium is only about 1-2 miles from the supercharger station. About two hours before the noon kickoff, there was one Model X charging. A Model S was there, but not using a charging station (parking space next to last stall). There were seven unused stations. I did not check after the game.

4. u00mem9

u00mem9 Member

I was also at this SC station over the weekend. It's a beautiful thing to own a tesla in the Midwest at the moment.

• Like x 1