TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Footrest for Model X

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by CaliX, Aug 31, 2016.

1. CaliX

CaliX Member

• Like x 1
  2. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I have the prototype and he is having some made as we speak. Just had Tesla install my AL pedals today so they are all ready for the AL dead pedal.

3. Dazureus

Dazureus Member

Can you offer any insight on the install? The website says it's held in place with high bond carpet tape, but the image shows some screw holes in the corners. I still don't understand why Tesla didn't put a dead pedal in.

4. aesculus

Right now the focus is on using the carpet tape. My early tests seemed like it would hold very well and be easily taken off without hurting the carpet later if you wanted to.

The prototype had screw holes but it was decided screwing into the floor could be problematic. It's not clear whats behind the plastic layer under the carpet.

I suspect Tesla will figure out the missing dead pedal sometime after AP 2.0, SW 8.0, FWD sensors, folding 2nd row seats ...:)

5. PGeer

PGeer Member

Anyone else having problems with carpeting to the side of the dead pedal location pulling out of the trim? I can't keep it tucked in for more than an hour of driving?

6. aesculus

Hah. When I was doing the testing one of the actions was to take the carpet out. I struggled, pulled, bent the trim, called Tesla service etc. to see if there was an easy way. There was none and they admitted the carpet and kick panel can be a bear and to be careful about bending it or it could snap easily.

So what's tight on my car is loose on yours. You might want ask the service center to take a look at why your kick panel is not firmly holding down your carpet.

7. aesculus

8. Insureit1

Insureit1 Member

I also ordered this and took less than a minute to install. I like the look and feel much better than stock carpet. So far so good!