Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Footwell dip and foot placement while in AP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

So I'm about a week into my Model 3, overall it's been great. One thing I haven't seen anyone comment on is that the floor of the footwell isn't flat...(this is the first time I've seen this in a car, all my cars have had flat footwells). There's a dip right underneath the pedals.

Not a big deal, except when I have AP on, it seems that my right foot naturally wants to be right in front of the accelerator, leaving the back half of my foot on the flat part, and the front half then hanging in the air a bit, just feels weird. I then put my left foot behind the brake and accelerator, which feels fine but doesn't seem like a great place to leave your foot if you need to make a quick brake/acceleration.....although you can always brake with your left foot, it's nice and comfortable against the dead pedal.

That just leaves you pulling your foot back close to the base of your seat, which can get a little uncomfortable, and there's not a high section for your knee to rest against either in this position.

Anyway, not much you can really do here I think, unless I' missing something. Just wanted to put a little FYI about the design to anyone looking to buy a Model 3.

I was about to post on this subject but decided to do a search first. I'm surprised that no one else has commented on this post so I'll revive it. I also find the non-flat floor strange for my right foot. I end up slipping it under the accelerator pedal when using cruise or AP. Doesn't seem the safest, but my knee ends up way too high up to put my foot in front of the pedal like in a normal car. Is that what everyone else does and is just fine with it? Or is there some other position that I'm just not finding yet?

I end up basically pulling it back and bending it left and resting on the side of my foot. Almost if you were going to sit indian style on the floor. I'll switch between that and pulling it back and it's been pretty good. But yeah the uneven floor does bother me.