Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Footwell Light Extension Cable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to split the footwell light connection and run the wire to the rear footwells. Does anyone know where I can find the splitter and extension cable for this? It is similar to those found on Abstract Ocean, but it needs to be longer and have a female connector at the end.

This picture does not do justice but these rear light are quite bright at night. In fact, I am thinking of setting them down dimmer for my taste. It is a cheater solution without any wiring.

20220301_145619 (1).jpg

Upvote 0
I'm looking to split the footwell light connection and run the wire to the rear footwells. Does anyone know where I can find the splitter and extension cable for this? It is similar to those found on Abstract Ocean, but it needs to be longer and have a female connector at the end.

I was looking into wiring my own setup for the rear footwells as well because I did not want to pay the markup on the options I found which only allowed for one color selection:
I ended up buying this one from Basenor (https://www.amazon.com/Tesla-Footwell-Lights-Interior-Controller/dp/B09BYQN421) which allows RGB color change options. Just a note, my driver's and passenger side colors were slightly different which may or may not bother you.

Upvote 0
Did you remove the trim first?
I did that first, and I could not find any easy way to remove it (tried pushing it out from the top (inside of the trim), tried using the spudger from the bottom but if felt like I didn't have enough support with the trim hanging. I had to go somewhere, so I installed the footwells (on the passenger side only) and when I got back I tried to remove it with the trim on, and that is when I broke the spudger. Looking at multiple installation videos of just the front footwells, no one removed the trim, they just got a spudger, found the little indentation in the light and popped it out. I am at a loss...considering running up to Tesla and asking them how I can get it out.

Upvote 0

US $10.21 30%OFF | car rear Trunk Light Lamp Luggage compartment light upgrade Cable wiring harness plug For Audi A4 B9 2017 2018

Upvote 0
It reaches, but it terminates with LED light strips. I want it to terminate with the male coupler. The pigtails are what I'm looking for, but they are too short and lack a splitter.
Here you go

US $10.21 30%OFF | car rear Trunk Light Lamp Luggage compartment light upgrade Cable wiring harness plug For Audi A4 B9 2017 2018

Reactions: towndrunk
Upvote 0