Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For '22 Model 3 does the Tekonsha #119250 trailer wiring harness work for new 16V system?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
Has anyone used the Tekonsha Model # 119250 wiring harness for the most recent version of the '22 M3 with the 16V lithium ion battery? I know it works pretty well for the previous (12V) systems but haven't heard about if it will work with the newer 16V ones.

I have called Tekonsha about the new higher voltage and they said only the 119251 or 119250 can handle the different voltage . I haven’t read up on TMC that anyone that has successfully installed it and got it functioning properly . (Search thread with 119251)

I have called Tekonsha about the new higher voltage and they said only the 119251 or 119250 can handle the different voltage . I haven’t read up on TMC that anyone that has successfully installed it and got it functioning properly . (Search thread with 119251)
I was thinking about putting an inline resistor to maybe drop the voltage a bit. I am so glad I sold my Y but it left me with nothing that I can use to tow with a factory hitch.