Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For all the fence sitters

The #1 reason I still haven't made my model 3 purchase or reservation:

• Saving up for a bigger downpayment (or saving to pay cash)

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Concern about TSLA financials - want to see how their books improve in the coming months.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Giving Tesla time to improve the quality of the vehicle.

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Concern about the available of repair parts and lead times for repair. Looking for improvement.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Waiting for a test drive before I buy.

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Getting more years out of my current car first (but model 3 is DEFINITELY my next car)

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's a poll for all the folks who have yet to take the plunge. You know who you are. You lurk here religiously and following every headline and youtube video. But yet... you haven't (yet?) taken the steps to make a reservation OR haven't moved forward with your active invitation. I count myself in this group.

I'm curious to know what the driving factors are for other folks. I've included a poll, but welcome a discussion as well.
For me personally there are two factors:
1) my old car is paid off and cost me little to run. I plan to run in a couple more years.
2) I really, really want to see tesla improve their repair parts availability first. This will be my daily and I refuse to wait 3 months for parts from a fender bender.

Reactions: suwaneedad
I used to be a fence sitter until last week. I was always planning on waiting for the short range. What finally pushed me over the edge was:

1. Test drove the LR-RWD
2. Realized that the LR with full tax credit is a pretty good deal, and will have more resale value than short range.
3. Realized that life is too short, and I am sick of waiting!

I'm sure plenty of people are waiting for the Short Range battery. We were waiting for white interior. There's probably other people waiting for the less expensive LR RWD with white interior to be offered. We went ahead with AWD for the white interior, tax credit availability, and fun factor. But we had originally discussed getting SR and were OK with getting LR whenever the white interior became available. So, none of the above for us.

Why do people posting these polls always forget that there's a world outside of the US?

I meant no offense to our international brethren :). I am aware that there is a huge contingent of folks who simply cannot order anything at this point and that sucks. The purpose of this poll was to better understand the purchase decision (or lack thereof) of people in the US who can order/reserve but refuse to do so. What factors beyond money or availability are keep folks on the fence. I thought it was an interesting question.

I want the SR due to cost factors on the LR - but have a lease expiring in Feb 2019 and dont want to be "carless" or have 2 cars for too long. Qu? anyone know if you can specify a delivery date when you order? So if I ordered now could I say Delivery for December? that way I know I get the tax rebate but dont get the car too early (fancy not wanting it too early!!)

Sorry to clarify I know the LR is the only available now but the tax credit will offset a lot of that cost... so as long as I can get that I would be willing to go with LR