TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

For Any Owner Unlucky to Have Been in an Accident

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Woosie, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Woosie

Woosie Member

did the doors automatically unlock, easing egress??

2. DR61

DR61 Member

It is normal for most cars that if the air bags deploy, the outside door handles are unlocked. For inside operation lock status is irrelevant as doors can always be opened at any time for front doors and, if child locks are not activated, for rear doors. For the Model 3 in particular, there are both electronic and cable operated interior door openers on front doors. If the 12V battery system is disabled or discharged, the inside cable front door openers still operate.

3. FURY

FURY Member

Is a manual, interior, rear door,Tesla installed opening system available now or planned soon? Will there be a retrofit??

Is there a convent place near rear doors tounobrrusively store a window breaking device, at least?

Thank you very much

FURY

4. RayK

RayK Member

Manual emergency release handles for the rear doors do not exist at the moment, nor are they likely in the future (in my opinion; I really want to be wrong about this). As far as storing a window breaking device, there's a pocket in the front seat backs which could probably be used. I'm planning to source a couple of seat belt cutters / window hammers in the next few weeks. They are < $10 on Amazon.

5. the_danimal

the_danimal Member

Please post them once you vet that they’re good enough!

6. RayK

RayK Member

As in actually being able to break automotive glass?? I could have tested them a few weeks ago before I donated my '95 Jeep.