Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For anyone interested in the Chinese knock-off version...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That is THEE ugliest interior of a car I've ever seen. Wouldn't pay more than $.02 for that car! I find it humerous that all these so called tesla killers all have teeny tiny batteries (smaller than a Nissan leaf, smaller than even the Chevy volt) and yet somehow they're tesla killers. Sorry. Unless someone can produce the size battery, and finish of my gorgeous S or upcoming X never gonna happen.

Do note, they are gull wing doors, not falcon wings. They are not hinged at the center of the roof, but the sides. They do not have two bending points, so need more space to open. Very impractical in parking spaces. Designer need to think a bit more (or copy better) !

BTW, it is a plugin hybrid, not an EV.

What a wild car!

Last edited:
LOL! Tesla killer? They need to revise their statement..this is a hybrid not an EV. Omg that just made my day. I swear every chance the media gets with these key words just kills me. So many haters out there, grow up and act your damn age not your shoe size. Nothing makes your IQ lower than being childish.

I guess putting a fish tank in the back will keep the kids entertained. Makes you wonder how long that battery will last with the aerator and light on. That is if you wish to maintain those fish. I think we should get some animal activists and riot over the cruelty of fish in the back of a car...especially in the cold and hot months of the year.

Let's see how this thing stands up in a crash test, guarantee the fish will remain the only survivors. :)

smelly fish tank? No thanks. How about a reading lamp?
lava lamp.png

Unfortunately, this (Youxia, Le*Car, etc.) is going to be Tesla's real competitors, not GM, Ford or Chrysler. If they become successful in China, they could be empowered to invade other countries afterwards. At the very least, they will slow Tesla's march into China. But like Apple, I think it is inevitable that the Chinese market will crave the real deal.

The only real question is can these cheap knock-offs compete with Tesla without having to put in the huge investment into a whole solution (think GigaFactory, SuperChargers, Solar Energy, Battery Storage, etc.) or without the Tesla vertical integration? I think in the end it's going to be hard for them to compete with Tesla, but it is a bit disheartening to see other people steal Tesla's ideas with no real innovation (at least initially). I'm sure if they become successful enough, they will eventually innovate and compete, much like what Samsung has done against Apple.

Many years of research, design and hard work at Tesla has been replicated/stolen in just a few months. We'll have to see how far that gets them.

There was a prior detailed thread on this. Company claimed they built it but there is evidence the reskinned a model S.

I recall reading an article of a disgruntled Chinese billionaire take a wrench to his brand new Model-S. I think these "beat up" vehicles would be a good tear-down vehicle for a competitor to use to see how it works and/or use for reskinning.

I would have loved to see Tesla refund this billionaire his money and refuse to sell him another vehicle.