Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For anyone who wants to know why we *won't* have self-driving cars soon...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wake me when they actually start working on coding all the rules of the road. Nobody has yet.
and after that wake us when they start coding the unwritten rules in every country town. Like that two way street that is really a one way street when cars are parked on both sides. Who pulls off in the open parking spot? The AI or the human coming the other way? Is the AI looking a block or two ahead for open parking spots to pull out into when an on coming car appears up ahead? The videos I've seen of Tesla AP is not looking that far ahead.

The only problem I see with the never level 5 argument is what mongo brought up. The average human is not at level 5. Not by Neroden's standards. Sorry they just aren't. Why does AI have to be? It just has to be better than a human or know who to call when help is needed.

I still wouldn't buy any of the self driving hardware tho. I agree it's probably quite a ways off still. at the rate computers and software advances I'd put it at least 5 years.

Reactions: Sean Wagner