Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm curious, if you are passing on this, then what is your solution? Drive a slower car because you don't feel this is close to performance? What is your upgrade path to getting performance speed? Honest questions, I'm not trying to be snarky.
Yes, drive a slower AWD :) still roughly 4th fastest model 3 after P3D, P3D-, AWD+ (or whatever we need to call AWD with uncork/update) still not bad right? Considering 0-60 is like what? Top 5% of all currently manufactured mass producing cars? Ain’t bad.

if when Tesla add more, then I decide. As some others here, made enough with current TSLA stock surge if I were to sell now but not ready yet.

Yes, drive a slower AWD :) still roughly 4th fastest model 3 after P3D, P3D-, AWD+ (or whatever we need to call AWD with uncork/update) still not bad right? Considering 0-60 is like what? Top 5% of all currently manufactured mass producing cars? Ain’t bad.

if when Tesla add more, then I decide. As some others here, made enough with current TSLA stock surge if I were to sell now but not ready yet.

This makes logical sense. It's the P3D- vs AWD crowd I don't understand.

Reactions: boriszima

Same here. Pity, a few tenths of a second more and they would've had my money.

Reactions: mrau and boriszima

There it is, the new acronym for boosted AWD...AWD+

I need this! Unfortunately I am in Vancouver until Friday and won’t be able to get back to my car until the 21st.

Anyone know if those with FSD (which I have) are eligible? I am a 12/18 build and I believe that means I have the coveted 980’s. Was waiting for this forever after I decided not to be put the P in any form.

Checking account again now

edit: Just bought as I am also a recipient of serious TSLA gains today.

Reactions: Sherlo
I need this! Unfortunately I am in Vancouver until Friday and won’t be able to get back to my car until the 21st.

Anyone know if those with FSD (which I have) are eligible? I am a 12/18 build and I believe that means I have the coveted 980’s. Was waiting for this forever after I decided not to be put the P in any form.

Checking account again now

edit: Just bought as I am also a recipient of serious TSLA gains today.

I have a 3 week old AWD with FSD -- the upgrade showed up for me on my tesla page.

if this had track mode it would be a slam dunk for me -- as it is .. i'll take a few days to think about it.

i plan to track this car and sink about 10k in mods over time (suspension / brakes / wheels / tires) .. so 2k for more acceleration makes sense .. but wish it had come with track mode too

I have a 3 week old AWD with FSD -- the upgrade showed up for me on my tesla page.

if this had track mode it would be a slam dunk for me -- as it is .. i'll take a few days to think about it.

i plan to track this car and sink about 10k in mods over time (suspension / brakes / wheels / tires) .. so 2k for more acceleration makes sense .. but wish it had come with track mode too

I'm in a similar boat. $2000 for .5 sec faster 0-60 is objectively a great deal. I was hoping for the full P speed upgrade or at least include track mode, as-is it's less of an instant buy. I'm interested to see more real world tests over the next couple of days.

I wonder if this will be an option available online when ordering a new Model 3 AWD?

Reactions: Sherlo
You will almost certainly have a 990 if you drive a LR-AWD. The Europeans got these right from the beginning. There are further variants of the 990, I have a B version which is one of the very early models (received it start March 2019). Not sure what the latest variant is but I doubt there is much difference between those.

You will almost certainly have a 990 if you drive a LR-AWD. The Europeans got these right from the beginning. There are further variants of the 990, I have a B version which is one of the very early models (received it start March 2019). Not sure what the latest variant is but I doubt there is much difference between those.
Pretty sure almost all LR-AWD models had 980 prior to April 2019

Reactions: phantasms
Late night 1/4 mile shenanigans. I do it for y'all. 11.86 @ 116.17 mph.

Cheers!

11-86-quartermile.png

I managed a 0-60 run in the 3.6x as well.

3-67zeroto60.png