Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read and reread my earlier reply. Leave this thread alone until someone can put something that is either an Elon tweet, or a clear and concise confirmation either way on company letterhead.
Now, Perscitus is going to reply - "I read, re-read, and re-reread..." lol

But yes, I agree with dave999z. I believe Perscitus was trying to be funny, but didn't do a good job at it...or he's serious but has nothing to back up the claim.

Reactions: jebinc
The fact it may be limited to pre-January 2019 M3 AWDs makes the claim more credible. We received the short end (or the long end depending on how you look at it) considering the direction that P3D pricing has gone in since. It was a 10k difference between I made the call to go non-p. Fingers crossed on this one - still no track mode, brembos, 20in rims (or red underline) for those like myself that would buy this in a heartbeat.

You guys have beaten this horse to death, run a DNA test on all other existing horses in the world, beaten to death any horse related to the first one, interviewed various veterinarians and trainers, beaten them to death, burned the corpses of all involved, and urinated on the ashes to put them out.

Let this thread DIE until someone at Tesla says something, FFS.
Respectfully disagree. Posts like @Perscitus below give Model 3 owners like myself who are chomping at the bit for this to happen some hope. Could it be blowing smoke? Sure. But it's still nice for me to read that I have a sliver of hope that what I consider my biggest mistake with my car (purchasing when I did and without Performance trim) might be able to be rectified. For those tired of the back and forth and theorizing that goes on here, i can respectfully suggest you simply unsubscribe from the thread - easy as that. If it happens, I'm sure you'll hear about it elsewhere. If it doesn't you don't need to put up with us hope-heathens who cling to every non-credible piece of info we get.

Stealth P reflash option/upgrade is supposedly coming soon for those who will want it (and who own at least earlier aka <Jan 2019, LR AWDs). It will supposedly be fairly inexpensive... ~2-3K USD.

I did not hear this from a number of SC and Mobile techs, who do not fairly routinely apply it today and were completely unfamiliar with the matter.

Respectfully disagree. Posts like @Perscitus below give Model 3 owners like myself who are chomping at the bit for this to happen some hope. Could it be blowing smoke? Sure. But it's still nice for me to read that I have a sliver of hope that what I consider my biggest mistake with my car (purchasing when I did and without Performance trim) might be able to be rectified. For those tired of the back and forth and theorizing that goes on here, i can respectfully suggest you simply unsubscribe from the thread - easy as that. If it happens, I'm sure you'll hear about it elsewhere. If it doesn't you don't need to put up with us hope-heathens who cling to every non-credible piece of info we get.

Buy the car you want, and don't pin your hopes on some guy from the forum's neighbor's friend's kid's teacher's father-in-law's coworker's uncle who works for Tesla being right about a rumor.

;)

• Funny
  • Disagree
Reactions: tvad and jebinc
Buy the car you want, and don't pin your hopes on some guy from the forum's neighbor's friend's kid's teacher's father-in-law's coworker's uncle who works for Tesla being right about a rumor.

;)
Many who are hoping for this upgrade are doing so because they either could not afford (my case) or did not want to pay an additional $11,000 back in 2018 for the Performance upgrade (also my case). I did not care much about the 20" wheels, spoiler, suspension or brake differences, I just wanted the speed increase. I could not justify $11,000 for that and it would have pushed me considerably past my budget, which the LR AWD was comfortably within.

I went with a friend on Saturday to pick up his gorgeous Performance Model 3 and guess what? He paid less than I did overall. So while I love my car, and let's be honest, it's plenty fast, I really wish I had waited a few months for the price drops and purchased at today's prices. I'd have a performance 3 and some more money in my pocket.

Many who are hoping for this upgrade are doing so because they either could not afford (my case) or did not want to pay an additional $11,000 back in 2018 for the Performance upgrade. I did not care much about the 20" wheels, spoiler, suspension or brake differences, I just wanted the speed increase. I could not justify $11,000 for that and it would have pushed me considerably past my budget, which the LR AWD was comfortably within.

I went with a friend on Saturday to pick up his gorgeous Performance Model 3 and guess what? He paid less than I did overall. So while I love my car, and let's be honest, it's plenty fast, I really wish I had waited a few months for the price drops and purchased at today's prices. I'd have a performance 3 and some more money in my pocket.

Same. I purchased mine at the end of June and the gap was as you describe. Two weeks later the P3D- was available for the same price I paid for my LR AWD. Oh well, BOHICA.

Many who are hoping for this upgrade are doing so because they either could not afford (my case) or did not want to pay an additional $11,000 back in 2018 for the Performance upgrade. I did not care much about the 20" wheels, spoiler, suspension or brake differences, I just wanted the speed increase. I could not justify $11,000 for that and it would have pushed me considerably past my budget, which the LR AWD was comfortably within.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. I certainly hope the rumors are true, allowing you to reverse your earlier decision-making, with as little financial consequences as possible.

i think people that bought in q2 of 2019 got the worst end of the deal here: 2 weeks later these p3d- showed up for basically the same price haha team #feelsbadman.jpg

of course i jest, i know we're still ok and ive been purposely trying to avoid and not post in this thread until something materializes. ill follow up in a bit when I get more info

i think people that bought in q2 of 2019 got the worst end of the deal here: 2 weeks later these p3d- showed up for basically the same price haha team #feelsbadman.jpg

of course i jest, i know we're still ok and ive been purposely trying to avoid and not post in this thread until something materializes. ill follow up in a bit when I get more info
Yup, that would be me. Got mine the last week of June.

Reactions: kdhsurf83