Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would say more like a 0.88 second faster if we are comparing fastest times known so far (2.98 v 3.86). Also, the guy with 3.86 is me. I think there are just other variables which may account for it. In particular, the slope I ran that at is -0.87%, just shy of the 1% grade margin of validation (others did not have as much negative slope). Secondly, my SoC was at 94%. None of the other results I've seen so far are near that - all posts near my time are with a sub 80% SoC. Additionally, my subsequent runs (as you can see below) were all 4.1x at 3.9x with rollout as my SoC dipped into the 80's. Even my 4.21 run was 3.99 with rollout.

Out of curiosity, can you do some low-power testing sometime (20-30% SOC)?

An interesting post came up on reddit today. A user did some P3D testing @ 22% SOC.

M3P-: 0-60MPH @ 22% SOC : teslamotors

Previously the same user did some full-power testing.

Model 3 Performance (Stealth) 0-60mph comparison of 2019.36.2.1 vs 2019.32.12.4 : teslamotors

I found it very interesting that the P3D maintains most of its performance at very low SOC.

Reactions: StealthP3D
I found it very interesting that the P3D maintains most of its performance at very low SOC.

The cars are performance limited by max torque and max power settings. For most of the 0-60 time the power limits, either by the max power setting or the battery SoC, don't kick in. In the beginning of a performance run it is all about the torque setting.

All of the banter back and forth about 980 vs 990 motor capabilities is just over the top. Drive motor replacements cost about $3k. So Tesla, please charge me $5k to upgrade to an M3P-, $3k to swap out the current motor for a 980 and $2k for the software difference between the AWD and the M3P-. Please provide an upgrade path!

People posting in this thread saying "3.9 sec 0-60 is enough", great for you! You can drop off the thread now. In the MS forums they discuss 0-60 times at 2.2sec!! So if 3.9 sec is enough for you, enjoy your car and move on!

When I bought my AWD, I agonized over getting the P or not -- but I live in a climate that gets several feet of snow per year and is long drives to anywhere, and I didn't want the reduced range and problems in snow that the P brings with it. I had no idea of the existence of "M3P- cars" until a couple months after taking delivery. I serious considered swapping out my AWD for a M3P-, but the extreme hassle of selling my current car, applying for a new loan, paying new registration fees, transferring the tow hitch and other accessories, doesn't make sense at this time.

Out of curiosity, can you do some low-power testing sometime (20-30% SOC)?

An interesting post came up on reddit today. A user did some P3D testing @ 22% SOC.

M3P-: 0-60MPH @ 22% SOC : teslamotors

Previously the same user did some full-power testing.

Model 3 Performance (Stealth) 0-60mph comparison of 2019.36.2.1 vs 2019.32.12.4 : teslamotors

Here you go...

39-done.png

29-Done.png

19-Done.png

13Done.png

Screenshot_20191204-232110_Messages.jpg

the couple ahead of me at the delivery center just found out about stealth cars within the last week or two and were pretty disappointed there was little chance of finding one; they ended up taking delivery of their LR AWD as scheduled. (they ordered their car around Oct 15th)

"so if i wanted a stealth or whatever, when could I get one realistically"
"- Uh... i'd say March probably... these things are impossible to come by and people are calling literally every day to find out if they can change their order from xyz to a stealth... they're like that"

and that my dear friends. is why P3D-.... (I originally had a reg perf ordered)

I check my Tesla account every week hoping to see an upgrade option. I’m excited every time like this may be the day! Then it’s not. A stealth parked next to me at Whole Foods today. I was so jealous....but then I saw he’s got black interior. :runaway:

so what did I miss? Someone claims it’s coming? I assumed the nice gift towards the end of the year was the power bump. There’s possibly more?

Best,
Gene

The AWD Model 3 is perfectly capable to be modified in Performance. That’s mostly a software throttle on the front motor to appears less quicker than the Performance version.

With 2019.36.2.3 Software. Front Motor still throttle. Better SoC on this test but I assume that’s almost 10 kW due to this. Power improvement adds 15/20 kW to max overall peak.