Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bet you they advertise it as 4.4 to 3.9, but in reality, in just unlocks it to a stealth. But they don't want to piss anyone off, so they say its still slower.

I hope you're right.

So far it seems it's only for the AWD non P cars. The only data points are "Improve your 0-100 km/h acceleration from 4.6 seconds to 4.1 seconds with an over-the-air update." and the same but 0-60 of 4.4 to 3.9.

Anyone on a euro IP address? Is AWD listed as 4.6 0 - 100km/h?

The difference between these cars has always been about a second or a little less despite the roll out tactics they play. They're selling it as half way to the stealth.

I bet you they advertise it as 4.4 to 3.9, but in reality, in just unlocks it to a stealth. But they don't want to piss anyone off, so they say its still slower.
I bet you are not correct on that assumption. Here's why....

Not sure how hard they pushed the Stealth configuration, which happens to be $2000 more than a LR AWD. If this LR AWD "Upgrade" doesn't take it to equal a Stealth, it seems like it will have a much lower "take-up rate". Who would be pissed off? Stealth buyers that paid the same amount more ($2000) for Stealth performance as this "Upgrade" is purported to cost - I think not. Performance + buyers? No more than they already are when Tesla offered the Stealth for $2000 more than the LR AWD....

If the cost is *,000 or *,500 it's definitely not in the code yet and that $2k figure was made up. Who knows, it could end up being $1,000 for a half second which is exactly half of the stealth upgrade. As they're working on the code today I'm guessing they won't launch this today.

The only thing we know for sure is AWD owners will be able to shave a half second off the 0-60 if they choose to. Everything else is speculation at this point.

If the cost is *,000 or *,500 it's definitely not in the code yet and that $2k figure was made up. Who knows, it could end up being $1,000 for a half second which is exactly half of the stealth upgrade. As they're working on the code today I'm guessing they won't launch this today.

I know this is unlikely but what if this is an end of the year push to get people buy FSD so the half second acceleration boost comes free with FSD upgrade if one coughs up the $7k. Another thread in general forum shows that every trim without FSD sees the same upgrade text on their accounts so even SR+ gets the acceleration boost if FSD is purchased at $7k for a limited time...

Reactions: mrau and DurandalAI
Depending on the price, if that text is correct, does that mean the “stealth” wasn’t truly a full Performance level speed to begin with? I mean I’m aware that the extra equipment offered on the P3+ and track mode are what enable the full speed, but maybe 3.9s is the most a non-P+ can get?

Uh... what?

The P3D- and P3D+ are exactly as quick as each other... (the P3D- is actually very very marginally quicker but entirely due to lack of the boat anchor 20" wheels)

The only thing we know for sure is AWD owners will be able to shave a half second off the 0-60 if they choose to. Everything else is speculation at this point.

Ironically I think I'd be more likely to pay $1000 for a .5 sec actual improvement than $2000 for the 0.9 second one that'd bring parity with a P3D-

I know this is unlikely but what if this is an end of the year push to get people buy FSD so the half second acceleration boost comes free with FSD upgrade if one coughs up the $7k. Another thread in general forum shows that every trim without FSD sees the same upgrade text on their accounts so even SR+ gets the acceleration boost if FSD is purchased at $7k for a limited time...

I don't believe that to be the case. It only shows up for them because they're able to see the upgrade page, which those with FSD can not as there is no upgrade currently available. I could be wrong but I have to assume the single motor cars are about maxed out at this point.

Ironically I think I'd be more likely to pay $1000 for a .5 sec actual improvement than $2000 for the 0.9 second one that'd bring parity with a P3D-

I think many people are in the same boat as you and I would presume Tesla knows that. If this upgrade is $2k or less I'm jumping on it like a rare fool. If it's $1k I think the upgrade rate would be more than double.

Reactions: DurandalAI
This was my first inclination too, it would be bundled with FSD and all existing FSD owners would get the speed upgrade via OTA update.