Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For AWD owners wanting a P3D-

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
content: "Improve your 0-60 mph acceleration from 4.4 seconds to 3.9 seconds with an over-the-air update."
content: "Forbedr din acceleration fra 0-100 km/t fra 4,6 sekunder til 4,1 sekunder med en over-the-air-opdatering.",

I see those two lines. I think this is going to apply only to LR AWD owners.

And you have a Performance, so, it doesn't applies.

Case apparently closed.
The existence of that shaded part in all the pages of cars that aren't LR AWD is a mistake/will never be activated.

Thanks icetoev and phantasms! ;)

Edit: just saw on Reddit an owner with a Model S 2017 seeing the upgrade.... they just placed it on every damn page.....

Reactions: phantasms
Sorry for not clarifying: it will cost money to upgrade performance

When I was purchasing my car, I told someone I want a p3d without the 20s. He/she/it told me to get an lr awd and wait for Santa
Performance upgrades will be available for lr awd owners by end of the year. It won’t be p3d numbers but close

Don’t ask how I know

if a stranger on the internet told you for sure theyre doing the performance upgrade software for awd owners - would you believe him and let the bickering subside, instead, shifting our focus on getting more info on when and how this will happen.

i may get some more info next week but this thread is kiiiiiilling me

guys, this will be available before 2020 - mark my words!

until then, enjoy, and dont do anything drastic

:)

Agreed.

Considering they're adding it to the new car design area I'm now thinking they're making that $2k stealth upgrade on menu and allowing us AWD owners to upgrade. I'm now in the camp that they'll say it's slower than the P, but it won't be. OR they'll slow down already sold stealth models which would cause a disaster. I'm hopeful for my first optimistic outcome. lol

Not a disaster because people would defend a roll back. Tesla will do anything to make a buck and not consider the impact until people freak out. This has been proven before. The
"kids" at Tesla marketing and the quarterly boost panel don't seem to think things through like most competent companies. I expect the pricing dartboard to come out more than once this next few months.

Performance upgrades will be available for lr awd owners by end of the year. It won’t be p3d numbers but close

Can I start complaining yet that it should be as fast as a p3d because it's the same or is that too soon?

I will say this, as someone who's driven an 8 second car on the street...you always eventually get used to the acceleration of whatever car you're in, and eventually want more. I'm sure there's a Buddhist proverb about happiness that applies here but I'm busy Christmas shopping.

And you have a Performance, so, it doesn't applies.

Case apparently closed.
The existence of that shaded part in all the pages of cars that aren't LR AWD is a mistake/will never be activated.

Thanks icetoev and phantasms! ;)

Edit: just saw on Reddit an owner with a Model S 2017 seeing the upgrade.... they just placed it on every damn page.....
so what you really meant to say is "we'll see....the data is too scatterbrained to jump to any real conclusion"