Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

for current model 3 owners, where do you find most of paint chips?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

I am considering getting a protection paint film done but I do not want to spend too much money it. Would you guys say front bumper is where you find most of your paint chips from driving? Thanks.

I had to wait about 2 weeks after I got the car until I had time to put PPF on it. I have the rockers and front bumper done and will do the hood and headlights in the spring when it gets warmer. I got 2 tiny chips on the underside of the front bumper so I wrapped it without touching it up. Pretty sure the chips are from the driving down the 401 in the construction zones. No chips on the hood so far without PPF.

On my Prius (172,00 km) I I had the front bumper, front fenders, mirrors, and rocker panels done before I picked up the car. I didn’t have the hood done but have the plastic wind deflector.

Sure enough, I have chips on the hood and in several other places where I don’t have PPF on the Prius.

I developed the opinion that any place that doesn’t have PPF is going to get chips. I decided to either accept that or go whole hog PPF on my next car.

I don’t have any chips on my Tesla (24,000 km) because I took the car in for a full PPF done in the day I took delivery.