Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For current owners who configured their Dual Motor AWD 3 order in Jun 2018

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Current owner, reserved 6/24, configured 6/27, est delivery Sept 2018 to Nov 2018.

I am pretty sure those are the same dates for ALL AWD config starting from 6/27 for owners or non owners and for ALL reservation dates. I have coworkers who reserved on Day 1 and configured on 6/27 gotten the same dates. And coworkers who just reserved on 6/27, configured yesterday got the same dates.

Reactions: Bokonon
Interesting regardless of current owner or res date, we all got Sept-Nov delivery schedules for AWD. Makes you wonder what percent of orders are for this version. Seems apparent to me they wanted to open the flood gates to get a capital infusion while they continue to ramp and get cash flow positive. Can't wait to see this week what kind of progress they've really made.

Current owner who almost ordered last night. I didn't because I made the mistake of driving my Model S before entering in my credit card info, and I was like "Ugh, I really enjoy these seats, the layout, and how it feels".

So now this thread will be like the other reality where I didn't, and I entered in the info. I did come really close.

I don't know if you were not interested in P, so offering data in case...

Serial S owner
First reservation @ Burlingame, CA on 3/31
Bellevue, WA resident
Reserved P^2 3 last night (6/30)
ETA Aug - Oct

If you are a current Tesla owner who configured a Model 3 Dual Motor AWD order in Jun 2018 (not the Performance option), please contribute what your Tesla account shows for the delivery timeframe, and then post when you take delivery of your car. I’m interested in knowing how long your wait was from configuration to delivery.

I configured Jun 30. My account shows “Delivery between Sep. '18 - Nov. '18”. I am hoping that as a current owner it doesn’t take that long.
Same here, I configured on June 30, but am not a current Tesla owner

I am not a current Tesla owner. I have a first-day reservation and configured an AWD on Jun 30. My account shows “Delivery between Oct. '18 - Dec. '18”.

I don’t mind if it takes that long provided I take delivery by December 31.

I am not a current Tesla owner. I have a first-day reservation and configured an AWD on Jun 30. My account shows “Delivery between Oct. '18 - Dec. '18”.

I don’t mind if it takes that long provided I take delivery by December 31.
Definitely looks like the queue is now based on when the order is placed given you reserved before me, but my order is 3days ahead of yours. I’m not an owner and have an AWD delivery range of Sep-Oct 18.

• Informative
Reactions: trmmcd
Definitely looks like the queue is now based on when the order is placed given you reserved before me, but my order is 3days ahead of yours. I’m not an owner and have an AWD delivery range of Sep-Oct 18.
Online ordering opened up for me long ago but I procrastinated and did not order until yesterday. To me, it looks like the date of reservation only affects how early you can order, while order date determines your actual place within the delivery queue (in your market).

Current owner who almost ordered last night. I didn't because I made the mistake of driving my Model S before entering in my credit card info, and I was like "Ugh, I really enjoy these seats, the layout, and how it feels".

So now this thread will be like the other reality where I didn't, and I entered in the info. I did come really close.

Just drove home from work in my S and I know what you mean. I'm a little apprehensive changing to the 3...but I figure if it turns out to be just as good as a commuter car, then I just saved $20k+. We will see, fingers crossed.

Current owner, ordered AWD in May, and still have “You will be contacted to schedule delivery.”

Same here. Owner with first day in-store reservation. Ordered AWD the day I got the email - May 23 - and now says I will be contacted. When I ordered it said 12-16 weeks which would put it at mid-August to Mid-September. I hope so...

Note I haven’t filled in all the details, still need to upload drivers license photo and insurance info. Also I’m looking on my phone. But I think that shouldn’t make a difference.

Same for me
reservation (2).jpg

Same here. Owner with first day in-store reservation. Ordered AWD the day I got the email - May 23 - and now says I will be contacted. When I ordered it said 12-16 weeks which would put it at mid-August to Mid-September. I hope so...

Note I haven’t filled in all the details, still need to upload drivers license photo and insurance info. Also I’m looking on my phone. But I think that shouldn’t make a difference.

They’ve now updated my page to say:

Estimated delivery: Sep. '18 - Nov. '18
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery timeframe will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration.

Bummer. After reading recent reviews I’m tempted to go for the P, but cooler heads have prevailed so far. I still have the “edit design” link.

Update: I have filled in everything but the new insurance coverage, which I expect depends on having a VIN.